Claiming that human skeletal remains are “still lying” under the rubble in Kedarnath valley even a year after the calamity struck the hill state, opposition BJP today asked the Harish Rawat government to come up with a “white paper” on the tragedy.
In the white paper, the opposition has asked from the government, the details of the conditions prevailing in the state when the disaster struck there and the conditions at present.
“It is a year since the calamity struck but there are still a large number of skeletal remains lying inside the dilapidated structures close to Kedarnath.
We demand that the state government issue a white paper on the calamity clarifying what has it done during the period to ameliorate the condition of the affected people,” BJP national Secretary Trivendra Singh Rawat told reporters here.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The BJP’s allegation comes a day after a private news channel aired a video footage of a forest near Junglechatti on way to Kedarnath, strewn with decomposed bodies claiming that there must at least be more than a hundred skeletal remains in the area which is not very difficult to access.
Accusing the state government of giving “misleading” figures about the number of devotees visiting the famous Himalayan shrines, Trivendra said it is busy playing the game of “producing false data” to give a rosy picture but the reality is far from it.
“The fact is that the conditions in affected areas remain unchanged even a year after the tragedy and has badly affected the number of devotees visiting the shrines,” he said.
Endorsing Trivendra’s views, Pradesh BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat also said the “discovery” of a large number of skeletal remains near Junglechatti has exposed the truth behind the so-called massive combing operation carried out by the state police which claimed to have disposed of over six hundred bodies in different parts of the state till September last year.
“Where was the combing operation carried out when bodies are still being found near Junglechatti?” Tirath told PTI.
He also said the party had demanded a white paper on the calamity in the just-concluded three day session of the state assembly detailing where the huge amounts of money received from the Centre and different agencies had been spent.