Bihar Muslim lawyer, sons convert to Hinduism

Written by Santosh Singh | Patna | Updated: July 6, 2017 11:22 am
muslim converts into hindu, hindu conversion, muslim lawyer becomes hindu, muslim family converts to hinduism, india news, indian express news “At 46, no one can be able to influence my decision. I had been feeling suffocated by jibes,” he said. (Source: Google Maps)

Accusing his Muslim neighbours of “harassing” him, a 46-year-old Muslim lawyer has converted to Hinduism in Bihar’s Begusarai district. Mohammed Anwar converted amid Vedic mantras on Tuesday along with his sons — Mohammed Amir, 11, and Mohammed Shabir, 9. He has been renamed Anand Bharti, and his sons have taken the names Aman Bharti and Suman Bharti. Anand said that his wife, Shabnam, would convert later.

“Though I have been living in Pokharia, Begusarai, for over 18 years amid 12 Muslim households in a Muslim-dominated area, a Syed family, which thinks itself as contractor of Islam, has been harassing me for last seven months, sometimes by saying that I hardly offer namaz and at times by leaving bones outside my house,’’ Anand said. “I consider myself a humanist. I have given donation for construction of temples… Such things would irritate Muslim neighbours, who often asked why I do not eat beef and put my sons in a madrasa.’’

Anand said he was forced to convert after about 40 Muslims allegedly threatened him with consequences if he did not follow “basic norms of Islam” on July 2. He said he was not influenced or wooed to convert. “At 46, no one can be able to influence my decision. I had been feeling suffocated by jibes. I have given an affidavit making it clear that I have taken my decision out of my will.’’ Bajrang Dal’s Begusarai district convenor Subham Bhardwaj said Anand announced that he would “renounce Islam” after he called him to protect his life. He added that their “social service’’ has pleased people like Anand.

Sarfaraz
    Jul 11, 2017 at 8:41 pm
    He seems scared of Hindus more than Muslims. Do you expect us to believe that he converted to Hinduism, and Muslims, about whom he said they kept threatening him, let go of his major sin in Islam. He converted because of fear of Hindu extremists, amid rising anti-Muslim climate in India.
      Rafiq Jabbar Mulla
      Jul 8, 2017 at 7:06 pm
      Its the beauty of Indian democracy. People have freedom to choose religion of their choice and practice. We all should respect and protect it. Mr. Anand, after converting to Hindu, what have you become? Shudra (Untouchable) or Brahmin? We are keenly interested to know. Thanks.
      1. I
        Indian Skeptic
        Jul 8, 2017 at 10:31 pm
        He will be a casteless Hindu. :) I'm also a caste less Hindu, as are Hindus of kashmir, Assam and Manipur :)
        Kejriwal Fan
        Jul 8, 2017 at 11:17 am
        I am a muslim and I respect his decision to convert to Hinduism, and will fight for it till my last breath. But this must not trigger off another never-ending Hindu Muslim debate. Religion is something we inherit from our parents. Looking into this case, if the facts reported in this article are true, the family had no other choice, and moreover it "was their own" decision. Nobody forced it upon them. Don't understand why my co-religionists merry-around when someone converts to Islam, but go berserk when it's the other way round. We often incriminate Hindu fanatics for disturbing peace in the recent past, but must remember that this reaction of theirs is a culmination of years of crimes committed by Muslims on Hindus, Sikhs, Christians with the help of so called secular poloticians crimes which went unreported by the media.
          mimi sur
          Jul 7, 2017 at 11:34 am
          Welcome brother. Now no need to submit to any so called Chullah or a mad pedophile prophet . Just believe in peace and humanity . Follow modern values and practices . Help country progress .
            Murthy
            Jul 7, 2017 at 9:41 am
            Personally I would welcome Anand and his family to an ancient Faith that has a great deal to offer an individual. Hinduism is NOT a religion "to submit to" but one that an individual can EXPERIENCE and better himself or herself. There is NO "social pressure" in Hinduism. As a Hindu, I may not go to Mandhirs or observe Diwali and other festivals the same way as other Hindus, but, NO Hindu will ever criticise me. They will NEVER leave any bones outside my house. ISLAM in the Indian Sub-continent is based on Enmity towards Hinduism and Hindus. ISLAM is a religion that needs to TARGET somebody, some other en y. The real Crusaders these days are Muslims and Islam. Christians gave up that mentality in the 1950s... Islam will never give up aggression and violence. I hope Anand and his family will not be harmed (killed) by Muslims of his area. In the 1930s a Kerala Muslim family converted to Hinduism. Within two days they were all killed, including a four year old child.
              ramesh
              Jul 6, 2017 at 7:03 pm
              he is going to with all the hindus
                Purushottam Kulkarni
                Jul 6, 2017 at 5:41 pm
                Good to hear such news.
                1. Z
                  Zeyad Akhtar
                  Jul 6, 2017 at 4:30 pm
                  - First Kalima (Tayyab): Laaa Ilaaha Illa-llaahu Muhammadur-Rasoolu-llaah There is none worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah 2- Second Kalima (Shahadat): Ash-hadu Al-laaa Ilaaha Illa-llaahu Wahdahoo Laa Shareeka Lahoo Wa-Ash-hadu Anna Muhammadan ‘Abduhoo Wa Rasooluhu.I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger 3- Third Kalima (Tamjeed): Subhaana-llaahi Walhamdu Lillaahi Walaaa Ilaaha Illa-llaahu Wallaahu Akbar. Walaa Hawla Walaa Quwwata Illaa Billaahi-l ‘Aliyyil ‘Azeem.Glory be to Allah and all praise be to Allah, there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. There is no might or power except from Allah, the Exalted, the Great One.
                    Mohd
                    Jul 6, 2017 at 7:41 pm
                    ^ Silly utterances and entreaties of a feeble and immature mind . Allah , Jesus , Ram , Shiva , Spiderman , Batman , Superman ....are all childish Fairy tales for immature minds. I also realize that most Muslims have never read the Quran or understood it. They spend their entire lives like zombies without applying their brain .I had a tendency to always question and think rationally . That is why i rejected the Quran , the prophet and the silly middle-eastern fairy tale of "allah". But i did not convert to any other religion . I became an ATHEIST. I encourage all youngsters to READ books by Richard Dawkins , Bert Russel , Christopher Hitchens , Sam Harris ...and many others . Religion is used by the Elites to control and ENSLAVE the minds of the common folk . Only science , logical and critical thinking can LIBERATE the human mind.
                      Mohd
                      Jul 6, 2017 at 7:45 pm
                      ^ there is NO allah , Lullah , God, Jesus , Ram , Shiva ,Spiderman , Superman, Batman . And there are NO prophets .They are all childish Fairy tales and SUPERS IONS for immature minds. Religion is used by the Elites to control and ENSLAVE the minds of the uneducated common folk . Only science , logical and critical thinking can LIBERATE the human mind. Reject all fairy tales and supers ions , liberate YOURSELF . Don't be a SLAVE !
                      1. T
                        THE MAN
                        Jul 6, 2017 at 9:47 pm
                        Dear .Have u born to ur own mother or else in a wrong way? Can u answer.......If u tell that there is no Allah because u rejected quran then I also reject ur birth confirmation.Because u had not see how u r coming for ur mother or a pig or a dog or a stupid bull.No one will give witness because there isn't any surity that the people are truthful...... U Read those books who had sent their children with half dress.And now u r a great scientific person nd send ur family nude to outside.And say that I am an atheist nd I don't follow anyone nd I do on my own..........
                        1. N
                          NJ
                          Jul 6, 2017 at 11:49 pm
                          You are right !! I congratulate you for free thinking. Although, I believe in God but, those who think like you are superior souls. Congratulate to your mother, father and teachers who helped you to think freely.
                            RANA
                            Jul 7, 2017 at 10:25 am
                            Theman he can prove his birth mother and father are homo sapiens through DNA test...with 100 percent accuracy. And they are mammals . Did pedophile gave any proof that allah or any god exist or don't exist...its all conocoted lies of the druggist and his band of looters. if allah is real and quran was sent by him why does quran mentions earth is flat....why quran do not mentions "theory of evolution"....if allah is all knowing why did quran does not mention anything about modern tech....or modern life Its all because religion is just bullsh.it which prohibits sound logic and thinking see your logical comment for proof.
                            1. T
                              THE MAN
                              Jul 9, 2017 at 8:13 am
                              Of course Rana,then u have approved that u r from ur own father and mother by testing it DNA .OK.......... Just imagine that when u will become a father nd ur children say that I don't call it daddy unless u prove that u r my real father nd g pa is his own son of his father nd etc......... How dangerous situation it will be....... Very painful to analyze.......Of course u will do that because u have so much interested in science na.....Do that nd upload the proofs publicly nd say that all u r born in a illegal way nd u have no proofs nd I am the legal one nd sees my proofsssssssssss..... e on post them.........seee u bro