Bihar Muslim lawyer, sons convert to Hinduism

Written by Santosh Singh | Patna | Updated: July 6, 2017 11:22 am
muslim converts into hindu, hindu conversion, muslim lawyer becomes hindu, muslim family converts to hinduism, india news, indian express news “At 46, no one can be able to influence my decision. I had been feeling suffocated by jibes,” he said. (Source: Google Maps)

Accusing his Muslim neighbours of “harassing” him, a 46-year-old Muslim lawyer has converted to Hinduism in Bihar’s Begusarai district. Mohammed Anwar converted amid Vedic mantras on Tuesday along with his sons — Mohammed Amir, 11, and Mohammed Shabir, 9. He has been renamed Anand Bharti, and his sons have taken the names Aman Bharti and Suman Bharti. Anand said that his wife, Shabnam, would convert later.

“Though I have been living in Pokharia, Begusarai, for over 18 years amid 12 Muslim households in a Muslim-dominated area, a Syed family, which thinks itself as contractor of Islam, has been harassing me for last seven months, sometimes by saying that I hardly offer namaz and at times by leaving bones outside my house,’’ Anand said. “I consider myself a humanist. I have given donation for construction of temples… Such things would irritate Muslim neighbours, who often asked why I do not eat beef and put my sons in a madrasa.’’

Anand said he was forced to convert after about 40 Muslims allegedly threatened him with consequences if he did not follow “basic norms of Islam” on July 2. He said he was not influenced or wooed to convert. “At 46, no one can be able to influence my decision. I had been feeling suffocated by jibes. I have given an affidavit making it clear that I have taken my decision out of my will.’’ Bajrang Dal’s Begusarai district convenor Subham Bhardwaj said Anand announced that he would “renounce Islam” after he called him to protect his life. He added that their “social service’’ has pleased people like Anand.

Deepak
    Sep 6, 2017 at 7:34 pm
    I think if Islam cannot accept the human values of today then such incidents will be repeated often
    (10)(1)
    1. Sarfaraz
      Jul 11, 2017 at 8:41 pm
      He seems scared of Hindus more than Muslims. Do you expect us to believe that he converted to Hinduism, and Muslims, about whom he said they kept threatening him, let go of his major sin in Islam. He converted because of fear of Hindu extremists, amid rising anti-Muslim climate in India.
      (3)(12)
        Aamir
        Sep 14, 2017 at 6:15 pm
        So then, according to you, the Hindus who convert to Islam also do it out of fear of Islamist extremists?
        (15)(2)
      2. Rafiq Jabbar Mulla
        Jul 8, 2017 at 7:06 pm
        Its the beauty of Indian democracy. People have freedom to choose religion of their choice and practice. We all should respect and protect it. Mr. Anand, after converting to Hindu, what have you become? Shudra (Untouchable) or Brahmin? We are keenly interested to know. Thanks.
        (2)(7)
        1. Indian Skeptic
          Jul 8, 2017 at 10:31 pm
          He will be a casteless Hindu. :) I'm also a caste less Hindu, as are Hindus of kashmir, Assam and Manipur :)
          (6)(0)
          1. N
            NARAYANA
            Aug 2, 2017 at 11:43 pm
            MR RAFIQ,WATS UR CASTE SHIA,SUNNI OR AHMADIYAS.SUNNIS CALL SHIS NON MUSLIMS,SHIAS SAY SUNNIS R NON MUSLIMS BOTH OF U SAY AHMADIYAS R NOT MUSLIMS.WHO EXACTLY IS A MUSLIM REALLY,CAN U CLARIFY PLS.
            (5)(0)
            Mukunda
            Nov 3, 2017 at 8:34 pm
            Well, I know you muslims are very interested to find loopholes to convert people. And, for your info I think it is better to be sudra in this day and age . Sudra or Brahmin is a varna, means the job the person does. 'Karmatah varnam', is the principle in hinduism. So, discrimination is a social evil which was encouraged by invaders and, later spoiled hindu society. We don't kill anyone, but, god save ahmediyas and shias.
            (6)(0)
            Kejriwal Fan
            Jul 8, 2017 at 11:17 am
            I am a muslim and I respect his decision to convert to Hinduism, and will fight for it till my last breath. But this must not trigger off another never-ending Hindu Muslim debate. Religion is something we inherit from our parents. Looking into this case, if the facts reported in this article are true, the family had no other choice, and moreover it "was their own" decision. Nobody forced it upon them. Don't understand why my co-religionists merry-around when someone converts to Islam, but go berserk when it's the other way round. We often incriminate Hindu fanatics for disturbing peace in the recent past, but must remember that this reaction of theirs is a culmination of years of crimes committed by Muslims on Hindus, Sikhs, Christians with the help of so called secular poloticians crimes which went unreported by the media.
            (6)(0)
            1. mimi sur
              Jul 7, 2017 at 11:34 am
              Welcome brother. Now no need to submit to any so called Chullah or a mad pedophile prophet . Just believe in peace and humanity . Follow modern values and practices . Help country progress .
              (7)(2)