The unchecked expansion of Indian cities, relatively slow growth in physical and social infrastructure, and success stories of cities adapting and creating space will be some of the issues discussed in depth at the Express Adda on Tuesday in Mumbai.
Economist and author Dr Isher Judge Ahluwalia and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will take centrestage at the Adda, to be held at the Bhau Daji Lad museum at Byculla.
Both experts on urban planning and growth, they will have an informal discussion with a select audience. Shekhar Gupta, Editor-in-Chief of the Express Group, will moderate the conversation.
Dr Ahluwalia’s book, Transforming Cities: Postcards of Change was launched last month as part of the Express Book Series by Finance Minister P Chidambaram. It contains her columns in The Indian Express, and significant case studies of change from across the country.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest