New low-cost HIV drug launched in Uganda

Marking an advancement in its fight against the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the Ugandan government on Sunday launched a cheaper one-pill-a-day drug for HIV treatment.

By: IANS | Kampala | Published:August 10, 2015 6:53 pm
randomised clinical trial , HIV, AIDS, HIV treatment, CD4+ T-cell , START Trial, NIAID, INSIGHT, pune news, city news, local news, Maharashtra news, Indian Express The new drug, a triple cocktail anti-retroviral (ARV), is manufactured by Cipla Quality Chemical Industries, Ltd, in Uganda.

The single-dose Trioday treatment, which costs only $13 per month, replaces the cumbersome 12-drug cocktails that used to be the only option for people with the fatal human immunodeficiency virus, Xinhua reported.

“We are reaching the phase of the end of the HIV epidemic in Uganda and the region. We had never dreamed about this in 30 to 40 years back,” said Ugandan Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda, who launched the drug on behalf of President Yoweri Museveni.

Uganda still falls short of its goal of ensuring that 80 percent of people living with HIV receive ARVs by the end of 2015.

At present, just half of the 1.5 million in need of HIV treatment in the country are on the life-prolonging ARVs, according to Uganda AIDS Commission statistics.

At least 137,000 new HIV infections were recorded in Uganda in 2014, according to the Health Ministry.

For all the latest Good News News, download Indian Express App

1. J
    Juan Hidalgo Yañez Almonacid
    Jun 24, 2017 at 10:49 pm
    Hello viewers! i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Ogala, cured my HIV VIRUS, i have been detected with HIV virus 2 years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony, i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors, but it didn't cure my HIV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain, until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet, then miraculously came across Dr. OGALA the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HIV INFECTION, then i contacted his Email: ( ogalasolutiontemple ) i explained everything to him and prepared herbal medicine that cure my HIV disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine. So viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr OGALA, that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPA IS B VIRUS, you can contact his via E-Mail: ( ogalasolutiontemple ) Or call his number ( 2348110496023)
    1. J
      Juan Hidalgo Yañez Almonacid
      Jun 24, 2017 at 10:48 pm
      Hello viewers! i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Ogala, cured my HIV VIRUS, i have been detected with HIV virus 2 years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony, i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors, but it didn't cure my HIV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain, until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet, then miraculously came across Dr. OGALA the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HIV INFECTION, then i contacted his Email: (ogalasolutiontemple . com) i explained everything to him and prepared herbal medicine that cure my HIV disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine. So viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr OGALA, that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPA IS B VIRUS, you can contact his via E-Mail: (ogalasolutiontemple . com) Or call his number ( 2348110496023)
        suzan
        Jun 24, 2017 at 4:52 am
        I'm Suzan Shabangu from Johannesburg, South Africa... I want to let the world know about Dr. Gravity who cured me of HIV in March 2017 and I was confirmed permanently healed/free after 5 years of living with the virus. You can contact Dr Gravity via email: drgravity1dhc or WhatsApp 234 814 814 9645. If you desire a permanent cure for yourself or loved ones.
        1. b
          brian_014
          Jun 23, 2017 at 1:20 am
          Hello everyone, I am Brian Carter from Utica, New York, USA. I am here to give my testimony about Dr.Gravity who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HIV) by Dr.Gravity,i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HIV and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr.Gravity cured them. when i contacted him via (WhatsApp 234 814 814 9645) he gave me hope. He asked me to send some money for him to prepare the medicine for me, i took the risk and send him the money and he shipped a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr.Gravity am cured you can also get your self cured my friends if you really need my doctors help, you can reach him now: WhatsApp 234 814 814 9645
          1. W
            wani
            Jun 15, 2017 at 3:59 pm
            Thanks for these Inovation
              Angela Cole
              Jan 24, 2017 at 11:30 am
              my testimony on how Dr.Rabiu cure my diseaselt;br/gt;I’m from CANADA, I was diagnosed of CANCER in 2014, and my Liver was bad. I saw a post about Dr. RABIU Herbs that cures HIV, HEPAIS B, DIABETES, CANCER, HERPES, and lots more…. I contacted him and told him about my health, he asked me not to worry anymore that he’s going to prepare the medicine and send it to me in my country. 3 days after sending the medicine I received the package and I took the medicine as prescribed by him. I took the medicine for 14 days, and the medicine has no Negative Influence, it only helped me and now am cured. Contact him via E-mail: ()lt;br/gt;WHATSAPP:( 2347036719427)lt;br/gt;BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS ONLINE.lt;br/gt;Doctor.RABIU will never ask you for an upfrontlt;br/gt;fee payment.lt;br/gt;I wish you all the best.
              1. E
                Evans joy
                Nov 30, 2016 at 7:41 am
                Greetings to you all,i am Evans joy by name i am here today giving a life testimony on how i was cured from HIV Virus, i have been stocked in bondage with this virus for 6 years now, i have tried different means to get this sickness out of my body and i also heard there was no cure to the HIV DISEASE, all the possible ways i tried to get heal did not work out for me, but i do have the faith that i was going to be healed one day. as i was a strong believer in God and also in miracles, One day as i was on the internet i came across some amazing testimonies concerning how dr zuba has cured different people from various sickness with his Herbal Medicine, they all advised we contact Dr zuba for any problem, with that i had the courage and i contacted Dr zuba, i told him about my aliment , He told me not to worry that he was going to prepare some Herbal Medicine for me, after some time in communication with him, he finally prepared the medicine which he sent to me and he also gave me prescriptions on how to take them, My good friends after taking the medicine for some days i started to experience changes in me and from there, I noticed my HIV Virus was no longer in my body as he ask me to visit the hospital after 14 days which i did, as i have also gone for test, Today i am fit and healthy to live life again and i am completely cured from HIV virus. I am so happy for the good work of Dr zuba in my life, Friends if you are having any type of disease problem kindly email him on: or whatsapp him on: 2348035912345
                  precious
                  Feb 15, 2016 at 2:38 pm
                  This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herbal can cure six years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr, after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his email address, and his contact 2347064693371 do email him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR, thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work add him now on whatsapp 2347064693371
                  1. W
                    wani
                    Jun 15, 2017 at 4:32 pm
                    Thanks for your testimony ,but it seems the number is not working 1 could like to refer one of my colleague to these doctor may be he could help him