Television actor Rakesh Diwana, who played the role of Kumbhkarna in popular serial ‘Ramayana’ telecast in 2008-09, died on Sunday (April 27). He was 48.
He had developed complications following a weight loss surgery he underwent at a hospital in Indore four days back. Diwana was admitted at Mohak Hospital for the surgery on April 20.
His family members alleged that Diwana, who played the role of Maharaj ji in hit TV serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, died due to negligence on the part of hospital.
However, the hospital management dismissed the charge. “Diwana had undergone bariatric surgery on April 23 and at that time his condition was normal. After the procedure, he suffered hypertension and brain stem dysfunction which deteriorated his condition and he was shifted to ICU,” the hospital said in a statement.
“All efforts were made to improve his condition, but he could not be saved,” it further said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review