New shows ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ and ‘Mahabharat’ were big winners at this year’s edition of Star Parivaar Awards, bagging six and four awards respectively.
Ekta Kapoor’s six-month-old show ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’, a love story of a Tamilian girl and Punjabi boy, won the award in the favourite ‘naya sadasya’ female and male category for Divyanka Tripathy and Karan Patel. The two also received the ‘favourite jodi’ (national and international) awards.
The event saw a performance from children from Shiamak Davar’s Victory arts Foundation who paid tribute to Aamir Khan‘s show ‘Satyameva Jayate’.
The 49-year-old actor was honoured for his contribution to social causes but since he does not accept awards, he was instead given a packet of sweets.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This show is very important for our society. But it is not just me. It is my team who does all the work, director Satyajit Bhatkal and co-director Swati Chakraborty. Thank you Star for giving me the opportunity to do this show. I feel very happy when I see so many changes in th society and in people’s life because of this show,” Aamir Khan said.
Mythological TV series ‘Mahabharat’, which has become a big TRP churner for the channel, won four awards including favourite ‘naya sadasya’ (Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun), ‘nayi soch’ award for (Saurabh Raj Jain as Krishna), ‘saathi nayi soch ka’ award (Aham Sharma as Karna) and best ‘kutumb’.
‘Pyar Ka Dard Hain’ fame actor Nakul Mehta, the main host of the event, made an action-packed entry as he descended on the stage in a mini aircraft. The evening’s first performance was by Nakul, who donned
the magician’s role and introduced the leading ladies of various shows through magic tricks. He was joined by his co-host comedian Bharti, who arrived in a box accompanied by seven dwarfs.
Bharti kept the audiences entertained throughout with her comedic antics, which also left Aamir and his director-wife Kiran Rao in splits.
Bollywood actor Shreyas Talpade bagged the best host honour along with Sunil Grover for Big Star Entertainment Awards.
The function saw unique and innovative performances by TV actors and international professionals.
Digangana Suryavanshi, best known for playing Veera in the show of the same name and Shivin Narang, who plays her brother on the soap, teamed up with skaters for their performance. The duo also won the favourite ‘beti and beta’ awards, respectively.
Actors Ritwik, Asha, Karan and Diwyanka shared the stage with international performers for their aerial act.
‘Diya aur Bati’ bagged four awards including favourite husband, favourite son (Anas Rashid as Sooraj), favourite daughter-in-law (Deepika Singh as Sandhya), favourite mother-in-law (Neelu Vaghle) and favourite ‘mazedar sadsya’ (Kanika Maheshwari).
Other prominent winners were Sanjeeda Sheikh (stylish female), Vatsal Seth (Stylish male), Heena Khan (favourite mother), Nitesh Pandey (favourite father-in-law), Rucha Hasabnis (favourite sister) among others.
Star Parivaar Awards will air on Star Plus this Sunday.