Auditions for the upcoming season of “X Factor” have been cancelled after the death of judge Simon Cowell‘s mother, Julie Brett.
The 55-year-old music mogul and his new judging line-up of Rita Ora, Nick Grimshaw and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, were supposed to start the first set of auditions in Manchester on Monday, reported the Daily Mirror.
“They were due to start tomorrow and carry on into Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow’s have been cancelled and we have not made any decisions beyond that,” confirmed a spokesman for Syco Entertainment, the production behind “X Factor”.
- Bhiwani rally: Eye on 2019 Assembly polls, INLD reaches out to farmers
- Dosai and Jazz
- Athletes have right to express themselves: USOC leader
- The rise and fall of the man who built Trinamool
- Eight-year old's death: Probe gives clean chit to teacher
- US Supreme Court cancels arguments on previous Trump travel ban
“Everyone at ‘X Factor’ is devastated for Simon and there was no suggestion that filming would go ahead,” a source said.
Cowell’s mother, Julie, died on Sunday, July 5, after suffering a stroke. She was 89.