Rithvik, 25, who always surprised his fans with his breathtaking performances along with Asha, said they always wanted to win the show and worked hard for it “Honestly, from the beginning we kept in the mind that we have to give our best performance. We always wanted to win the show and really worked hard for it. We are happy to win the title. We have covered almost every dance form on the show and once got injured also during our performance,” Rithvik told PTI.
They impressed judges – Shilpa Shetty, Terrence Lewis and Sajid Khan – with their consistent perform aces and out-of-the box ideas on every episode.
The couple bagged the ‘Nach Baliye’ trophy along with Rs 35 lakh, a trip to Australia and a high end car after beating the likes of Gurmeet Choudhary-Debina Bonnerjee, Vinod Thakur-Raksha Thakur and Ripudaman Handa-Shivangi Verma.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Rithvik and Asha’s choreographers Vibhav and Bhavana were also awarded Rs 5 lakh.
Asked whom they considered their strongest competitor, Asha said, “It was Gurmeet and Debina. They are good performers.”
For Asha, it was not a cakewalk to continue her stint on the dance reality show because she was simultaneously shooting her daily soap.
“It was difficult for me. I am very lazy and that’s why I didn’t want to be a part of this show as I had to go for my serial shoot. But Rithvik encouraged me and we took part in it,” said the ‘Pavitra Rishta’ actress.