In the first season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ Bollywood actor and philanthropist Aamir Khan touched upon sensitive issues in India like female foeticide, child sexual abuse, dowry related issues, Khap Panchayat, among others.
The issues were aptly addressed in the show and now Aamir Khan is back with the second season of the show which unnerved India like never before.
According to reports the season’s first episode is dedicated to Dasrath Manjhi, who single-handedly carved out a road by cutting through a hill in Bihar. His son Bhagirath Manjhi and daughter-in-law Basanti Devi are living in abject poverty in Dasrathnagar and now hope that Aamir Khan will tell the world the real story of their lives through ‘Satyamev Jayate’
Other issues that Aamir Khan may address in the second season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is about the growing farmer suicides.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The official Twitter handle of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ posted, “They are the backbone of our nation! Do we appreciate the efforts of the Indian farmer?” It further posted, “Kisaan ki unnati, Desh ki pragati.” The growing rate of farmer suicides in India is indeed a cause to worry about and looks like Aamir Khan is all set to raise awareness on the issue.
The first season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ touched on innumerable topics related to the women of the country and it seems, this time too Aamir Khan will touch on such topics.
This time around Aamir Khan is likely to talk about education for girls. The show’s Twiter handle posted, “Educate a woman, Build a nation.”
Another pressing issue of the time is the youth of India. Even in the promos of the show Aamir Khan has emphasised on the importance of youth and as ‘Satyamev Jayate’ tweeted, “Together with the YOUth, we can bring a RevolYOUtion!” they further tweeted, “They are the nation’s future! What is your contribution to ensure they have a better tomorrow?”
Looks like Aamir Khan has a lot to say this time and this time he expects his audience to really ponder on the subjects he is about to discuss.
The first episode of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is set for telecast on March 2 and will telecasted for five consecutive Sundays and will then return after a break.