In the first season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ Bollywood actor and philanthropist Aamir Khan touched upon sensitive issues in India like female foeticide, child sexual abuse, dowry related issues, Khap Panchayat, among others.
The issues were aptly addressed in the show and now Aamir Khan is back with the second season of the show which unnerved India like never before.
According to reports the season’s first episode is dedicated to Dasrath Manjhi, who single-handedly carved out a road by cutting through a hill in Bihar. His son Bhagirath Manjhi and daughter-in-law Basanti Devi are living in abject poverty in Dasrathnagar and now hope that Aamir Khan will tell the world the real story of their lives through ‘Satyamev Jayate’
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Other issues that Aamir Khan may address in the second season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is about the growing farmer suicides.
The official Twitter handle of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ posted, “They are the backbone of our nation! Do we appreciate the efforts of the Indian farmer?” It further posted, “Kisaan ki unnati, Desh ki pragati.” The growing rate of farmer suicides in India is indeed a cause to worry about and looks like Aamir Khan is all set to raise awareness on the issue.
The first season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ touched on innumerable topics related to the women of the country and it seems, this time too Aamir Khan will touch on such topics.
This time around Aamir Khan is likely to talk about education for girls. The show’s Twiter handle posted, “Educate a woman, Build a nation.”
Another pressing issue of the time is the youth of India. Even in the promos of the show Aamir Khan has emphasised on the importance of youth and as ‘Satyamev Jayate’ tweeted, “Together with the YOUth, we can bring a RevolYOUtion!” they further tweeted, “They are the nation’s future! What is your contribution to ensure they have a better tomorrow?”
Looks like Aamir Khan has a lot to say this time and this time he expects his audience to really ponder on the subjects he is about to discuss.
The first episode of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is set for telecast on March 2 and will telecasted for five consecutive Sundays and will then return after a break.