The promos of the forthcoming TV series “Yudh” have left audiences guessing the actual story of the show, but a source says the narrative will centre on the division of the business empire of the show’s protagonist, Amitabh Bachchan.
Amitabh, who is making his debut in the fiction space on TV with “Yudh”, essays Yudhisthir Sikarwar aka Yudh, the owner of a construction company.
Yudh has two wives. The first wife is named Gauri, essayed by veteran actress Sarika, with whom he has one daughter Taruni, a role played by Aahana Kumra. Yudh’s second wife is called Nayantara and Ayesha Raza will be seen in this role.
From Nayantara, Yudh has a son named Rishi, portrayed by Pavail Gulati.
“When Yudh comes to know about his illness, he wants to give his empire to Taruni. But Nayantara wants it to be divided and given to Rishi also. It’s the ‘yudh’ (battle) of this empire,” said the source.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Co-produced by Amitabh’s production company Saraswati Creations with Endemol India, “Yudh” is being promoted as a “first of its own kind” TV series. With Anurag Kashyap on board as its creative director, Shoojit Sircar as creative consultant and Ribhu Dasgupta as its director, the much-awaited show is due to premiere Monday on Sony Entertainment Television.
The finite series will then air every Monday to Thursday at 10:30 p.m.