The promos of the forthcoming TV series “Yudh” have left audiences guessing the actual story of the show, but a source says the narrative will centre on the division of the business empire of the show’s protagonist, Amitabh Bachchan.
Amitabh, who is making his debut in the fiction space on TV with “Yudh”, essays Yudhisthir Sikarwar aka Yudh, the owner of a construction company.
Yudh has two wives. The first wife is named Gauri, essayed by veteran actress Sarika, with whom he has one daughter Taruni, a role played by Aahana Kumra. Yudh’s second wife is called Nayantara and Ayesha Raza will be seen in this role.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
From Nayantara, Yudh has a son named Rishi, portrayed by Pavail Gulati.
“When Yudh comes to know about his illness, he wants to give his empire to Taruni. But Nayantara wants it to be divided and given to Rishi also. It’s the ‘yudh’ (battle) of this empire,” said the source.
Co-produced by Amitabh’s production company Saraswati Creations with Endemol India, “Yudh” is being promoted as a “first of its own kind” TV series. With Anurag Kashyap on board as its creative director, Shoojit Sircar as creative consultant and Ribhu Dasgupta as its director, the much-awaited show is due to premiere Monday on Sony Entertainment Television.
The finite series will then air every Monday to Thursday at 10:30 p.m.