In a fitting grand end to the sixth season of celebrity dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye’, popular television couple Rithivik and Asha Negi were declared winners. After three months of scintillating performances Rithvik and Asha took the golden trophy home having won the finale with majority of votes.
The couple of ‘Pavitra Rishta’ fame emerged victorious after defeating competitors Debina and Gurmeet Kohli, Ripu-Shivangi and Vinod-Raksha.
In addition to Rs 35 lakh cash prize and a new Renault Duster, Rithvik and Asha have also won a Gold Coast (Australia) trip courtesy ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ film.
An elated Rithvik said, “We had put in our best in every performance and had a clear goal of winning right from day one. However the competition was very tough and it only pushed us to try harder with every episode. Needless to say, this would have not been possible without my Baliye. The sweat and tears shed was all worth it!”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The winning choreographers Vibhav and Bhavana too were awarded Rs 5 lakh.
The Grand Finale also saw some outstanding performances by the celebrity couples and never seen before acts by judges – Terrence Lewis put on a saucy act on ‘Haye Rama Ye Kya Hua’ and ‘Lahu Mu Lag Gaya’.
Shilpa Shetty Kundra for the first time performed an aerial act and grooved to ‘Ram-Leela’ number ‘Ram Chahe Leela’. The stage also marked the first ever television performance by successful director – Sajid Khan on an amalgam of songs from his movies.
Bollywood actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan had also come to promote their film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’. Taking a cue from their soon-to-release movie and of course sharing personal experiences, the two spoke to the couples about ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ creating a laugh-riot!