Television actor Sai Vitthal Ballal, who was nabbed for allegedly molesting and sending pornographic clips to a woman co-actor, was remanded to judicial custody till July 30 here on Thursday.
He was arrested on Wednesday.
A metropolitan magistrate in Borivali Court, north-west Mumbai, remanded the actor after he was produced by the local police following a complaint by the woman, an official said here.
Ballal, who acts as Kamal Narayan Rajvanshi aka Bhaiyyaji in the tele-serial “Udaan”, was taken into custody on Wednesday evening after the woman complained about him for allegedly sending objectionable clips, messages and molesting her on multiple occasions since last April.
- Bangladeshi man held for uploading private photos of ex-girlfriend
- Telugu playback singer Kesiraju Srinivas arrested on charges of sexual harassment
- Three persons held for ‘heckling, harassing’ actors at Kolkata airport
- Actor’s ‘molestation’ on flight: Passenger sent to judicial custody
- Actor 'molestation': Two-day police remand for accused Vistara passenger in POCSO Act case
- Non-teaching staffer held, parents continue protest against school
She further claimed that her complaints to the serial’s producers went unheeded and she was removed from the teleserial.
The woman then approached the Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) which suggested that since it was a criminal matter, she should approach the police.
Ballal was picked up from Film City in Goregaon on Wednesday along with two accomplices suspected of helping him, and arrested later in the evening.