Television actor Sai Vitthal Ballal, who was nabbed for allegedly molesting and sending pornographic clips to a woman co-actor, was remanded to judicial custody till July 30 here on Thursday.
He was arrested on Wednesday.
A metropolitan magistrate in Borivali Court, north-west Mumbai, remanded the actor after he was produced by the local police following a complaint by the woman, an official said here.
Ballal, who acts as Kamal Narayan Rajvanshi aka Bhaiyyaji in the tele-serial “Udaan”, was taken into custody on Wednesday evening after the woman complained about him for allegedly sending objectionable clips, messages and molesting her on multiple occasions since last April.
- Magisterial probe ordered in Chinese national's death in jail
- 19-year-old ‘gangraped’ in Kerala, four arrested
- Chandigarh: Three held for ‘molesting, slapping’ woman
- Mumbai: 22-year-old held for ‘barging into woman’s home, molesting her’
- JNU student harassment: 4 men sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Kurla: 14,000 letters undelivered for 2 years, postman suspended
She further claimed that her complaints to the serial’s producers went unheeded and she was removed from the teleserial.
The woman then approached the Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) which suggested that since it was a criminal matter, she should approach the police.
Ballal was picked up from Film City in Goregaon on Wednesday along with two accomplices suspected of helping him, and arrested later in the evening.