‘The Truman Show’, ‘Narc’ and ‘Ghost’ are to be adapted for TV by Paramount. The films, all original Paramount releases, will see TV series based on them go into development, reported Digital Spy.
A new drama based on Caleb Carr novel ‘The Alienist’ is in the works as well, alongside the previously announced TV adaptation of ‘The Terminator’.
The commissions are the company’s first in TV since relaunching its startup division Paramount Television. Joe Carnahan (The Grey) will write and direct the pilot for ‘Narc’, based on the 2002 film starring Ray Liotta and Jason Patric.
The adaptation of 1990’s ‘Ghost’, which starred the late Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, has filmmakers Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner on board. An adaptation of Peter Moffat’s BBC series ‘The Village’ has also been announced.
Paramount’s TV president Amy Powell said, “While we are just getting started, there has been a terrific amount of momentum at Paramount TV as we look to develop new ideas as well as harness some of the studio’s most iconic titles.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More