While there was a hue and cry regarding Pakistani actors like Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan working in India post the Uri attack, not many know that the protests also affected popular TV series, The Kapil Sharma Show.
Actor Upasana Singh, who is loved as Bua on the show, has not shot for a single episode from past two months and that’s because the actor who plays her husband on the series is Pakistani comedian Naseem Vicky.
Upasana’s absence from The Kapil Sharma Show set the gossip mills abuzz with the rumours that she had quit the show but the actor revealed that the channel doesn’t know how to use her track now that Naseem is not in India. “I haven’t left the show. I am very much part of it. But right now the channel doesn’t know how to use my track in the show because the actor who played my husband, Naseem Vicky, is from Pakistan and as Pakistani actors can’t work here so he left for his country long back. It is true that I have not shot for the show from past two months but I will be back whenever the channel calls me. I have great relations with the channel,” Upasna told indianexpress.com.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Earlier, Upasana’s co-star Kiku Sharda had spoken to us about her absence from the show. “As a co-actor I can say that she hasn’t shot with us from past two months. We haven’t seen her on the set. Generally the channel and the production house take the call who will shoot for which episode so, I don’t know what actually transpired but she hasn’t been part of the show,” Kiku said.
Upasana entered The Kapil Sharma show in July after quitting Krushna Abhishek’s show Comedy Nights Live. Upasana’s character Bua was one of the highlights of Comedy Nights with Kapil while the show aired on Colors. After Kapil and the channel had a fallout, he decided to start his show on Sony, and while other cast members of CWNK like Kiku, Sunil Grover and Sumona Chakravarti joined him in his new venture, Upasna decided to star in its replacement, Comedy Nights Live.
She, however, didn’t enjoy her time on the show and quit it to join Kapil’s team.