Stand-up comedian Sunil Grover, who shot to fame playing the role of ‘Gutthi’ on ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, is returning to the small screen in a new avatar with ‘Mad in India’.
Sunil, 29, will be sharing the stage with popular TV host Manish Paul and Dolly Ahluwalia of ‘Vicky Donor’ fame. “We derived the name of our show from the term ‘made in India’. Since it is a comedy show, so we made it ‘Mad in India’. The main aim of it is to make people laugh,” Sunil told PTI.
The new comedy series is expected to be a chat-comedy show where Manish would interview various celebrities and Sunil would interact with them in different avatars.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Without divulging details about the format of the show, Sunil said, “I am going to enjoy myself on the show as I will have many characters in it. It’s good that people in India have developed an appetite for such shows.”
However, Sunil feels that he has no competition with Kapil Sharma’s show, which made him a household name.
“There is no competition with him. We are not in any race. He is doing his own show and we will be doing ours,” he said.
‘Mad in India’ will go on air on Star Plus from next month.
Sunil left ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ unceremoniously amid rumours that he had issues with the show’s host who felt threatened by his growing popularity. Kapil denied such reports while Sunil clarified that he left the Colors’ show over monetary issues.
The company behind the channel later warned Sunil against reprising Gutthi, saying the character was a property of the show.