Stand-up comedian Sunil Grover, who shot to fame playing the role of ‘Gutthi’ on ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, is returning to the small screen in a new avatar with ‘Mad in India’.
Sunil, 29, will be sharing the stage with popular TV host Manish Paul and Dolly Ahluwalia of ‘Vicky Donor’ fame. “We derived the name of our show from the term ‘made in India’. Since it is a comedy show, so we made it ‘Mad in India’. The main aim of it is to make people laugh,” Sunil told PTI.
The new comedy series is expected to be a chat-comedy show where Manish would interview various celebrities and Sunil would interact with them in different avatars.
Without divulging details about the format of the show, Sunil said, “I am going to enjoy myself on the show as I will have many characters in it. It’s good that people in India have developed an appetite for such shows.”
However, Sunil feels that he has no competition with Kapil Sharma’s show, which made him a household name.
“There is no competition with him. We are not in any race. He is doing his own show and we will be doing ours,” he said.
‘Mad in India’ will go on air on Star Plus from next month.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sunil left ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ unceremoniously amid rumours that he had issues with the show’s host who felt threatened by his growing popularity. Kapil denied such reports while Sunil clarified that he left the Colors’ show over monetary issues.
The company behind the channel later warned Sunil against reprising Gutthi, saying the character was a property of the show.