Stand up comedian Sunil Grover is back on popular comedy show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ after quitting the show last year after a 5-month stint.
According to reports, the actor, who played multiple characters on the show with the most poplar being ‘Gutthi’, has already shot for his first comeback episode. This time, however, Sunil Grover will be seen as Bittoo Sharma’s (Kapil Sharma) father-in-law and not ‘Gutthi’.
According to a leading daily, post return Sunil Grover will play multiple characters on the show, however there is no word if he will essay the role of Sharmaji’s annoying neighbour Gutthi anymore.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sunil Grover left the show last year following a fall out with the producers. The actor then revamped his ‘Gutthi’ character as ‘Chutki’ for comedy show ‘Mad in India’, which failed miserably. The show was aired for a mere four months.
Sunil Grover’s ‘Chutki’ act also invited some trouble from Viacom 18 (co-producers of ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’), who slapped him with a legal notice. However, Sunil Grover went ahead with his show.
Meanwhile, things were not all rosy at Kapil’s camp. Kapil Sharma too saw a dip in TRPs post the fallout with Sunil ‘Gutthi’ Grover. The makers also tried to introduce a similar character via Gaurav Sharma to no avail.
Further, the show was suppose to come to an end and begin later as Kapil Sharma wanted to make time for his Bollywood career. However, Kapil chose his show over the films and severed Bollywood debut project ‘Bank Chor’.
The show, has had its share of negative publicity in the past few days which reports of ill treatment of audiences on the sets of the show, among other reasons.