Stand up comedian Sunil Grover is back on popular comedy show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ after quitting the show last year after a 5-month stint.
According to reports, the actor, who played multiple characters on the show with the most poplar being ‘Gutthi’, has already shot for his first comeback episode. This time, however, Sunil Grover will be seen as Bittoo Sharma’s (Kapil Sharma) father-in-law and not ‘Gutthi’.
According to a leading daily, post return Sunil Grover will play multiple characters on the show, however there is no word if he will essay the role of Sharmaji’s annoying neighbour Gutthi anymore.
Sunil Grover left the show last year following a fall out with the producers. The actor then revamped his ‘Gutthi’ character as ‘Chutki’ for comedy show ‘Mad in India’, which failed miserably. The show was aired for a mere four months.
Sunil Grover’s ‘Chutki’ act also invited some trouble from Viacom 18 (co-producers of ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’), who slapped him with a legal notice. However, Sunil Grover went ahead with his show.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, things were not all rosy at Kapil’s camp. Kapil Sharma too saw a dip in TRPs post the fallout with Sunil ‘Gutthi’ Grover. The makers also tried to introduce a similar character via Gaurav Sharma to no avail.
Further, the show was suppose to come to an end and begin later as Kapil Sharma wanted to make time for his Bollywood career. However, Kapil chose his show over the films and severed Bollywood debut project ‘Bank Chor’.
The show, has had its share of negative publicity in the past few days which reports of ill treatment of audiences on the sets of the show, among other reasons.