In its bid to nurture entrepreneurial talent, the West Bengal government has roped in former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly to host a business reality television show, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
Announcing the new TV show named “Egiye Bangla” (Bengal Leading), Banerjee on her Facebook page said: “Yet another first from Bengal is about to unfold very soon…Bengal is launching an exclusive business reality show.”
Said to be the brain child of Banerjee, the show will be hosted by the celebrated cricketer and local hero — who has already made a mark as an anchor hosting the popular television show “Dadagiri”.
- Virat Kohli can take Indian cricket to the next level, says Sourav Ganguly
- West Bengal condoles Sridevi’s demise
- Cricket cannot survive without T20 format, says Sourav Ganguly
- India vs South Africa 3rd Test: Sourav Ganguly says Wanderers pitch ‘unfair’ to batsmen
- Sourav Ganguly to play charity match with Diego Maradona on October 2
- Sourav Ganguly is the new king of Cricket Association of Bengal
“Our very own Sourav Ganguly has come forward to be the face of the show. The show will target young entrepreneurs, with unique business ideas and help them to achieve their dreams.
“Like his passion on and off the field, Sourav will ignite young minds to be successful entrepreneurs of tomorrow,” Banerjee said.
However, Banerjee’s latest endeavour was ridiculed by Left Front chairman and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo member Biman Bose.
“I don’t know about the show, but under the Trinamool, no new industry is coming rather the existing are closing down,” Bose told media persons here.
“She (Banerjee) hosted business summits in Mumbai, in Kolkata, she went to Singapore, did any industry come? We cannot see… rather the existing ones are fleeing, factories are closing down,” added the veteran Marxist leader.