Singer-actress Sophie Choudry, who is the latest contestant to be ousted from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’, says she had to struggle to make her presence felt on the celebrity dance reality show amid popular TV stars.
The 32-year-old ‘Bad Boy’ hitmaker says popularity is one of the main factors to be on the show.
“Some artistes last on the show just because of their fan following. That’s the format. You can’t help it. I had to fight to make my place on the show because audience know the daily soap artistes and connect with them instantly.
“I’m so glad that during the course of the show I made a solid place in people’s heart. If I hadn’t, they wouldn’t have voted for me so much,” Sophie told PTI in an interview.
The British-origin actress is sad that she could not make it to the finale despite getting rave reviews from her fans and judges.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I was shocked that post the first week I was never even in the bottom three. The audience really supported me. And then suddenly I wasn’t even in the danger zone… Just directly in the face off. It didn’t make sense to me. If you see the Colors website, I have the maximum likes, maximum comments from the fans.. I’m devastated that despite being so versatile on the show, I didn’t make it to the finale,” she said.
Sophie, who also met with an injury during her performance, stayed on the show for 13 weeks and in the face-off she was pitted against small wonder Akshat Singh.
“It was extremely challenging both physically and mentally. At the end of the day it’s a contest and I never do anything half-heartedly. I have given it my all over the past 13 weeks! And I’m proud to say I was the one contestant who took a risk every single week, I tried a new dance style and a new look,” she said.
The actress is currently in talks to star in a film, whose narration she had just after her eviction from the show.
‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’, an Indian adaptation of ‘Dancing with Stars’ is now left with five celebrity contestants.