Singer-actress Sophie Choudry, who is the latest contestant to be ousted from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’, says she had to struggle to make her presence felt on the celebrity dance reality show amid popular TV stars.
The 32-year-old ‘Bad Boy’ hitmaker says popularity is one of the main factors to be on the show.
“Some artistes last on the show just because of their fan following. That’s the format. You can’t help it. I had to fight to make my place on the show because audience know the daily soap artistes and connect with them instantly.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“I’m so glad that during the course of the show I made a solid place in people’s heart. If I hadn’t, they wouldn’t have voted for me so much,” Sophie told PTI in an interview.
The British-origin actress is sad that she could not make it to the finale despite getting rave reviews from her fans and judges.
“I was shocked that post the first week I was never even in the bottom three. The audience really supported me. And then suddenly I wasn’t even in the danger zone… Just directly in the face off. It didn’t make sense to me. If you see the Colors website, I have the maximum likes, maximum comments from the fans.. I’m devastated that despite being so versatile on the show, I didn’t make it to the finale,” she said.
Sophie, who also met with an injury during her performance, stayed on the show for 13 weeks and in the face-off she was pitted against small wonder Akshat Singh.
“It was extremely challenging both physically and mentally. At the end of the day it’s a contest and I never do anything half-heartedly. I have given it my all over the past 13 weeks! And I’m proud to say I was the one contestant who took a risk every single week, I tried a new dance style and a new look,” she said.
The actress is currently in talks to star in a film, whose narration she had just after her eviction from the show.
‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’, an Indian adaptation of ‘Dancing with Stars’ is now left with five celebrity contestants.