Popular TV actress Shweta Tiwari says she finds comedy difficult and is still learning to master it. “When I started shooting for ‘Comedy Circus’, it was very difficult for me to give instant punches because there were many things which were not written in the script. I had won that show because of Kapil and I didn’t have a role to play. But with the course of time, I learnt and I am still learning,” Shweta, 33, said.
“I believe that comedy shows are stress busters because people don’t have to follow the show for its continuity or for the link of the episode,” she said. The actress is set to another comedy chat show ‘Mad In India’.
On choosing Sunil Grover’s ‘Mad in India’ over Kapil Sharma’s show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, she said, “I felt that all the characters in Kapil’s show are well established and the show is also getting a good response. If there is an introduction of a new character then there is no guarantee that it will survive or not.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“This show ‘Mad in India’ is new and had an interesting character of Katrina Mishra for me. So when I told Kapil and his team about my decision (to do ‘Mad in India’), they were okay with it,” Shweta Tiwari said.
Shweta Tiwari will be seen in different get-ups as she would be playing the role of a struggling actress Katrina Mishra.
“I tried to copy actor Manoj Tiwari. I picked up the accent from him when we were staying in ‘Bigg Boss’ house,” she said.
The actress is sure about not taking up fictional show offers. “I feel taking fiction show means giving your two years or more till the contract to that particular show expires. I have got married recently and I already have a daughter who has just entered in her teenage. She needs all the more attention now,” Shweta said.
Rising crimes has raised Shweta’s concern for her daughter. “I feel it’s necessary to protect our daughters all the more in today’s times,” she added.