Actor Shilpa Shinde, who is best known as the original Angoori Bhabhi on popular sitcom Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain, has confirmed she has been offered a role on Sony’s The Kapil Shama Show. The actor said she is yet to take the call as she is a little intimidated by the talent on the show, which includes comedians like Kapil Sharma, Sunil Grover and Kiku Sharda.
“It is true that I have been approached by the makers, They have been in touch with me for a long time now. We both are keen to work with each other and I am a huge fan of The Kapil Sharma Show. But I haven’t finalised anything because I am scared. These people are hugely talented and that is scary. While I would love to share the stage with these actors but I don’t want to get lost amid them,” Shilpa told indianexpress.com
The actor hasn’t been seen on the small screen since her ‘controversial’ ouster from Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain and she wants to make sure that her return is as good as her previous small screen stint.
“I don’t want to do something which is not great. I will not do daily soaps but I am game for weekend series. I don’t want people to say that she is back but in an insignificant way. I want my character to stand out. This is a reason I am taking time to decide on The Kapil Sharma Show,” she said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
This is not the first time that Shilpa has been approached for the show. She was earlier offered a character by the production house when she was doing Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain. The actor said she had purposely rejected the offer then.
“Everyone knows how the producer of Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain didn’t want me to do any other show. I was asked to sign a contract which wouldn’t allow me to work in any other drama. In fact, these people asked other productions houses to not work with me and tried to malign my reputation. Hence, I turned down the offer for The Kapil Sharma Show because I wanted to show the intentions of my producer. I wanted people to see how they are stopping me from doing other shows,” Shilpa said.
Earlier in March, Shilpa quit the &TV show after an ugly tussle with its producer Benaifer Kohli. The actor was replaced by Shubhangi Atre Poorey. When asked if she feels Shubhangi is doing a good job as her replacement, Shilpa said, “I don’t think so. She is not more than my duplicate on the show because there’s nothing new that she is doing. I think she has been asked to follow the things I used to do. But she should also use her own mind.”
Currently, Shilpa is looking to concentrate on films and said she is in talks for a couple of projects.