Sarah Jessica Parker has made her much-awaited return to television with Divorce but her new character Frances is totally different from glamorous Carrie Bradshaw of “Sex and the City”, says show creator Sharon Horgan.
The new comedy series revolves around two people, who find themselves at opposite ends after their long-term
relationship breaks down.
“The important thing was to not have a character who was like Carrie ten years on. Frances could never be Carrie. Some people might say that had Carrie taken a different route in life, she might have ended where Frances is but I think they are two different women,” Horgan told PTI in an exclusive interview over phone from London.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Irish-British comedian-writer-actor, known for shows like “Pulling” and “Catastrophe”, says they did not think much about Parker’s famous previous show while working on the HBO series.
Parker, who became a household name with her role of fashionista-writer in “SATC”, was also keen to work on a relationship drama for her return to the small screen.
“We did not talk about it (SATC) too much. It was not something we were thinking about when we brought this together. Frances and Robert have grown apart after being together for a long time.”
The first episode of “Divorce”, which recently aired in the US, has garnered good reviews with critics praising Horgan’s sharp writing and performances by Parker and Thomas Haden Church.
Fans in India will be able to catch “Divorce” on Starans in India will be able to catch “Divorce” on Star
World Premiere HD on Monday, October 17 at 10:00 PM. Horgan says working with Parker and Church, both renowned actors with great body of work behind them, feels surreal to her.
“Both of them are such talented actors in drama and comedy. They take what is written on the page and transform it into something else. It is still surreal to me to see their faces in a show that I have made. It is a dream,” she says.