‘Modern Family’ star Sarah Hyland left an event abruptly after a male fan allegedly groped her while posing with her for a photo.
The 23-year-old was attending a social function as part of the ABC show’s cast members at a Sydney hotel yesterday, when a man asked her to pose for a photograph, reported Ace
According to the eyewitness Hyland pushed the man away and screamed, “Don’t touch me there!”, before her security guards intervened.
According to the New South Wales state police the 29-year-old man was arrested yesterday in relation to the incident. “It is alleged that the man indecently assaulted the 23-year-old woman at about 7:50 pm,” a spokesperson for the police department said.
Hyland took to Twitter to addressed the incident. “Sorry to all the fans that I didn’t get to say hi to but I had to leave due to an inappropriate touch of a fan.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Her boyfriend Matt Prokop also tweeted his support to Hyland. “To the person who assaulted Sarah tonight I hope to God you don’t see next week. All Sarah wanted to do tonight was say hi to the girls who were waiting outside. Sorry for the ‘offensive’ tweet. But in the states we respect women,” he tweeted.