Child actress Saniya Touqueer, who is being praised for playing Mannu in the social drama “Waaris”, loves the fact that she is getting a chance to appear onscreen with her real life sister Sumbul.
Saniya and Sumbul, who are siblings in real life, are also seen as sisters in “Waaris”.
- Goals of the week: Leroy Sane nutmeg goal, Philippe Coutinho's free kick
- Shreyas Iyer's ton puts India 'A' in driver's seat against New Zealand 'A' in first unofficial Test
- Nashville church shooting: Gunman injures multiple people at Tennessee chapel
- Hardik Pandya is a star, says India captain Virat Kohli
- England vs West Indies, 3rd ODI: Moeen Ali smashes century as hosts beat West Indies by 124 runs
- 18-year-old Kashmiri ragpicker expresses gratitude for PM Modi's praise, appeals for job
“In the midst of shooting and going to school, I barely get time to meet and play with Sumbul. But because we are shooting together, during short breaks and in between shots I get to play with her and I love being with her as she pampers me a lot,” Saniya, 9, said in a statement.
“Waaris”, based on cultural issues, focuses on the life of Amba (Aarti Singh) and shows how she brings up a girl child as a boy.
The show is aired on &TV.