Noted author Ruskin Bond’s 2012 novel ‘Maharani’ will be getting a small screen treatment soon for a show. Doordasrshan’s popular TV show Ek Tha Rusty’s next episodes will be based on the Bond’s 2012 novel which talks about a spoilt, selfish, beautiful widow of the Maharajah of Mastipur.
“The next 26 episodes will be about the sensational novel of Ruskin Bond. The story caters to all, adults and families. Its shooting is going on,” said Subhadarshini Singh, producer-director of the show.
Singh said the stories of Bond that will be shown on the show will no more have themes just for children. “The themes now will have murder, mystery, betrayal, which are not for children. So, the scope is widened and the show is for families and grown-ups,” she said.
‘Maharani’ is one of the mature novels penned by Bond, who is famous for writing children books. His novels ‘The Blue Umbrella’, ‘A Flight of Pigeons’ (Junoon) and ‘Susanna’s Seven Husbands’ (Saat Khoon Maaf) have also been made into Bollywood films.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More