Noted author Ruskin Bond’s 2012 novel ‘Maharani’ will be getting a small screen treatment soon for a show. Doordasrshan’s popular TV show Ek Tha Rusty’s next episodes will be based on the Bond’s 2012 novel which talks about a spoilt, selfish, beautiful widow of the Maharajah of Mastipur.
“The next 26 episodes will be about the sensational novel of Ruskin Bond. The story caters to all, adults and families. Its shooting is going on,” said Subhadarshini Singh, producer-director of the show.
Singh said the stories of Bond that will be shown on the show will no more have themes just for children. “The themes now will have murder, mystery, betrayal, which are not for children. So, the scope is widened and the show is for families and grown-ups,” she said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
‘Maharani’ is one of the mature novels penned by Bond, who is famous for writing children books. His novels ‘The Blue Umbrella’, ‘A Flight of Pigeons’ (Junoon) and ‘Susanna’s Seven Husbands’ (Saat Khoon Maaf) have also been made into Bollywood films.