Looks like actress Sushmita Mukherjee, who is mostly seen taunting her on-screen widow grand-daughter Ruhana Khanna in soap opera “Gangaa”, is completely different from her Ammaji avatar behind the camera.
In between shoots of the &TV show, Sushmita is seen spending time with Ruhana, who plays Gangaa in it. Since she doesn’t have a daughter, Sushmita enjoys spending time with Ruhana and they talk about parents and grand-parents.
Also, Ruhana is said to be fond of Sushmita’s pet dog Rajkumari and asks about her every time, requesting Sushmita to get her on the sets.
- Sridevi passes away at 54: Bollywood mourns death of the legend
- Aspire to do a film with which I can take a bow: Sushmita Sen
- ‘Gangaa’ is inspiring story, shooting in Varanasi is memorable: TV actress Aditi Sharma
- Small screen’s Gangaa – Ruhana Khanna in music video for a cause
- Sushmita Mukherjee in Balika Vadhu
- Sushmita plays a bizarre character in ‘No Problem’: Anil
“That little girl is a doll and I love her,” Sushmita said in a statement.
“I whine so much to the director that I don’t want to torture young child on the show and beg them to give me some motherly role because even if it’s all just an act I don’t want to be mean to her; she is such a sweet girl. Her mother is also a wonderful woman and raised her daughter really well,” she added.
The story of the show is about a “self independent” child widow — Gangaa, who faces hardships of life and tackles people who do not welcome her in the society.