Activists of a Rajput outfit entered the venue of Jaipur Literature festival and protested against the presence of filmmaker Ekta Kapoor at the event, objecting to the title of her TV serial ‘Jodha Akbar’.
Miffed over allegedly backtracking from her promise that the name of ‘Jodha Akbar’ will be changed, Jaipur-based Sri Rajput Karni Sena (SRKS) tried to disrupt the session at JLF where Ekta was in conversation with author Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi.
“Ekta Kapoor’s serial presents incorrect facts about Jodha Akbar. She was not the wife of Akbar and we had raised objections before Ekta in the past. She had promised last year in Jaipur that the serial would be amended but nothing has been done so far,” Shyam Pratap Singh, a Karni Sena leader, said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On her last visit to Jaipur, the Balaji Telefilms Limited¿s owner had reportedly struck a truce with Karni Sena on the matter of her TV series.
The activists claimed there were media reports saying she might not attend the JLF. “We were not aware that she would turn up, a newspaper report said she wouldn’t. If she will show Rajasthan in a bad light, we would not let her come here”, Mahipal Singh Makrana of Karni Sabha said.
The protestors were pushed outside the venue while the session continued. “There were around 10 youths who protested during her session. They were pushed outside the festival venue”, SHO Ashok Nagar Harshraj Singh said.
Addtional DSP South Gyan Chand said the youths, who identified themselves as Sri Rajput Karni Sena activists, protested in the session of Ekta Kapoor to and raised
objection to a serial. Ekta merely said “try to understand the situation I am in.”