Actress Rajeshwari Sachdev, who will be seen on the small screen in ‘Laut Aao Trisha’, says she prefers films to TV shows as the latter is driven by TRPs not stories.
The 39-year-old actress has starred in films like ‘Sardari Begum’ for which she bagged a National award, ‘Welcome to Sajjanpur’, ‘Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero’ among others.
“I have worked in both the mediums and always prefer films because they are script-bound. Unfortunately, TV is TRP-driven not story-driven. In films, one knows what the story is and then he or she works according to that. Films are shot in a small duration so that is always more enjoyable,” Rajeshwari said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
‘Laut Aao Trisha’, is a thriller show and an adaptation of a popular Spanish tele-novella. It will air on Life OK.
“I am happy this is a finite series because unending sagas are not easy to do. I am thankful that we have the story already with us. So, we know what we are doing,” she said.
Rajeshwari says she is excited to be part of ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ as her role has several elements and is not bound by the norms of the society.
“It is colourful, not white, black or grey. She is a complete, modern-day woman who is career as well as family oriented. She even uses her sexuality. At times, she has complete love, at other times she has hatred. It is not cliched,” she said.
The actress, who will be next seen in a Marathi film ‘Dombivli Return’, said she is choosy about the kind of work she does- be it films or TV shows.
“I do lesser work because I can’t do similar characters. It has to be something different each time. Also I could not do TV earlier because my son was really small and I couldn’t leave him at home,” she said.
Rajeshwari, who is married to TV actor Varun Badola, said she wants to do a show with her husband.
“I wish we get to work together. But as we both are good actors, I want us to be a part of a great script, something which the audience will love,” the actress said.
Together Rajeshwari and Varun have been part of a dance reality show and a couple of films.