Actress Rajeshwari Sachdev, who will be seen on the small screen in ‘Laut Aao Trisha’, says she prefers films to TV shows as the latter is driven by TRPs not stories.
The 39-year-old actress has starred in films like ‘Sardari Begum’ for which she bagged a National award, ‘Welcome to Sajjanpur’, ‘Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero’ among others.
“I have worked in both the mediums and always prefer films because they are script-bound. Unfortunately, TV is TRP-driven not story-driven. In films, one knows what the story is and then he or she works according to that. Films are shot in a small duration so that is always more enjoyable,” Rajeshwari said.
‘Laut Aao Trisha’, is a thriller show and an adaptation of a popular Spanish tele-novella. It will air on Life OK.
“I am happy this is a finite series because unending sagas are not easy to do. I am thankful that we have the story already with us. So, we know what we are doing,” she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Rajeshwari says she is excited to be part of ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ as her role has several elements and is not bound by the norms of the society.
“It is colourful, not white, black or grey. She is a complete, modern-day woman who is career as well as family oriented. She even uses her sexuality. At times, she has complete love, at other times she has hatred. It is not cliched,” she said.
The actress, who will be next seen in a Marathi film ‘Dombivli Return’, said she is choosy about the kind of work she does- be it films or TV shows.
“I do lesser work because I can’t do similar characters. It has to be something different each time. Also I could not do TV earlier because my son was really small and I couldn’t leave him at home,” she said.
Rajeshwari, who is married to TV actor Varun Badola, said she wants to do a show with her husband.
“I wish we get to work together. But as we both are good actors, I want us to be a part of a great script, something which the audience will love,” the actress said.
Together Rajeshwari and Varun have been part of a dance reality show and a couple of films.