TV actress Puja Banerjee, known for playing Parvati in the mythological show ‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’, has been eliminated from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’. She is disappointed and feels that she “deserved to go up the finals”.
When asked whether she regrets being eased out of the contest, Puja said: “I won’t pretend that I am not disappointed. I think I deserved to go up the finals. In my opinion, I stood a 50-50 chance of winning. However, having said that I must say I enjoyed every second of my participation on the show. It was a great learning experience. Dancing on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ liberated me. I cherish every moment on the show.”
What next? Bollywood?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am still to get over the ‘Jhalak…’ experience. As soon as I do, I’ll start thinking of my next level. It would have to be a Bollywood career,” said Puja
Puja, who has done two mythological serials – ‘Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki’ and ‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’, was apprehensive about doing a reality show. “I had never agreed to do a reality show before. I only agreed to this show because it gave me a chance to be myself, as opposed to playing a character in my serials.”
Puja says she has come away with a lot from the ‘Jhalak…’ experience. “I discovered so much about myself. I developed my dancing skills. I always liked dancing. But the show gave me a chance to do some serious dancing,” she said.
“It also gave me a life-long friend in my choreographer Rajit Dey. He was with me like a shadow all through, constantly prodding and encouraging me. We were so close together for so many weeks that he instinctively knew what I felt and how I wanted to express myself.
“When I hurt myself during the dancing, Rajit carried me to the hospital. We’ve formed a bonding that goes beyond the show. I’ve left the show with many invaluable gifts.”
Puja has her favourite among the three judges – actress Madhuri Dixit, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer-filmmaker Remo D’Souza – on the show. “It has to be KJo (Karan Johar). My bonding with him existed from before I did ‘Jhalak…’ through his cinema. I deeply empathise with his films.”