TV actress Puja Banerjee, known for playing Parvati in the mythological show ‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’, has been eliminated from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’. She is disappointed and feels that she “deserved to go up the finals”.
When asked whether she regrets being eased out of the contest, Puja said: “I won’t pretend that I am not disappointed. I think I deserved to go up the finals. In my opinion, I stood a 50-50 chance of winning. However, having said that I must say I enjoyed every second of my participation on the show. It was a great learning experience. Dancing on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ liberated me. I cherish every moment on the show.”
What next? Bollywood?
“I am still to get over the ‘Jhalak…’ experience. As soon as I do, I’ll start thinking of my next level. It would have to be a Bollywood career,” said Puja
Puja, who has done two mythological serials – ‘Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki’ and ‘Devon Ke Dev Mahadev’, was apprehensive about doing a reality show. “I had never agreed to do a reality show before. I only agreed to this show because it gave me a chance to be myself, as opposed to playing a character in my serials.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Puja says she has come away with a lot from the ‘Jhalak…’ experience. “I discovered so much about myself. I developed my dancing skills. I always liked dancing. But the show gave me a chance to do some serious dancing,” she said.
“It also gave me a life-long friend in my choreographer Rajit Dey. He was with me like a shadow all through, constantly prodding and encouraging me. We were so close together for so many weeks that he instinctively knew what I felt and how I wanted to express myself.
“When I hurt myself during the dancing, Rajit carried me to the hospital. We’ve formed a bonding that goes beyond the show. I’ve left the show with many invaluable gifts.”
Puja has her favourite among the three judges – actress Madhuri Dixit, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer-filmmaker Remo D’Souza – on the show. “It has to be KJo (Karan Johar). My bonding with him existed from before I did ‘Jhalak…’ through his cinema. I deeply empathise with his films.”