Actor Sahil Mehta, whose debut Bollywood film did not do well at the box office, is trying his luck on the small screen with a new show, ‘Suhani Si Ek Ladki’.
The 26-year-old actor is making his television debut, three years after his maiden Hindi film ‘Love Express’.
“I made my debut with Mukta Arts film in 2011 but unfortunately it did not work, then I took a sabbatical from acting as I had lost my mother to cancer. I went to US to my sister and last year got a call for the audition for my character and after two rounds I was on board,” Mehta told PTI.
Mehta said that he always wanted to be an actor and the medium does not matter to him.
“I want to be in front of the camera – TV or films, it does not matter. If I get a good role, I will do it, whether it is on TV or in movies,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
In the show, the actor plays the role of Yuvraj, a rich scion of a business family.
“I relate to Yuvraj a lot in terms of how meticulous he is… I am particular about my things. Also Yuvraj is misunderstood but he has a reason for being angry. He lost his father, like I lost mine. So, I understand him,” Mehta said.
He said even though Yuvraj is similar to him, it was not an easy character to play.
“I feel it is more difficult playing yourself than playing some other character. It is difficult being natural than enacting someone else. So, I will not say playing Yuvraj was easy but I enjoyed a lot,” Mehta said.
The show, to be aired on Star Plus from tomorrow, is a story of love and friendship and traces the journey of three characters, Suhani, Soumya and Yuvraj, and their different ideologies.
The lead character of Suhani is being played by actress Rajshri Rani Pandey, who has done small roles in shows like ‘Savdhaan India’, ‘Haunted Nights’ and ‘CID’. Neha Yadav, who also starred in ‘Love Express’ makes her television debut in the show, playing the character, Soumya.
“I know Neha from past eight years. We have worked together so we are friends. I would be lying if I say, I did not have problems with Rajshri initially because we are from different places and background but now I am in awe of her. She is such a sweet girl and being from a small town, the way she handles media, it’s great,” he said.
The actor said he keeps himself rejuvenated by playing football and cricket after the shoot. “I am a big cricket and football fanatic. I play football with my director,” he said.
When asked about his dream role, Mehta said he wants to play Sanju from Aamir Khan’s 1992 hit, ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar’.
“That is my dream role. My mother loved the movie. I grew up on that film. My mother would have loved to see me play the role,” he said.
Mehta is excited for his first innings on television but is also nervous about the audience’s reaction.
“The audience can just rip you apart. I am very nervous and there is definitely lot of pressure, as we all are new but I think pressure gets the best out of me. I hope I make my mark and also get female fans,” he said.