Canadian dancer Tara Jean Popowich, who is the latest contestant to be eliminated from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’, feels that Indian dancers are good performers as compared to their western counterparts.
Tara entered the celebrity dance reality show, which is an Indian adaptation of international talent hunt ‘Dancing With the Stars’, as a wild card contestant with choreographer partner Jack.
“I loved my one-and-half months stint on the show. It was stressful because we had to rehearse for long hours. But I learnt a lot from the show. I am amazed to see that in India everyone is mad about dance. Even the performance quality in Indian dancers is high,” Tara, the winner of ‘So You Think You
Can Dance’, told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The international dancer was pitted against young wonder Akshat Singh in the face-off. Tara’s radio act could not impress judges much as compared to Akshat’s performance as a crocodile.
“I am happy that Akshat stayed back on the show. He is a wonderful dancer. As a wild card contestant it was very hard for me to get the fan following. I had learnt little Hindi too to impress the audience. But I am happy that I gave my everything during my journey on the show and managed to garner
standing ovation and full marks many a times,” she said. Tara also feels lucky to perform in front of the judges– Madhuri Dixit, Remo D’Souza and Karan Johar.
“It was unbelievable to perform in front of them. Madhuri was my favourite. Her warm personality gave me confidence to perform on Indian stage. I want to dance in one of the Remo’s films,” she said.
Till she gets her visa, Tara says she in talks to be a part of another reality show and does not mind if she gets a small role in a Hindi Film.