For Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is entering the fiction space on TV with ‘Yudh‘, no proposition is safer. He says it’s a “gamble you have to take when you are in this field” and that “only best content will succeed”.
In 2000, when the big screen’s big hero decided to descend upon the small screen as the host of “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, people were doubtful about his decision. But his risk paid off and over the years the game show’s popularity hasn’t diminished at all.
Now, once again his decision to do fiction show for TV is raising questions. When asked is it a safer preposition, he said: “Nothing is safe in this world. Whether you are doing little creativity or little performance on stage, or doing cinema or any kind of art, how would you know what the result is going to be?”
“We take sufficient precautions but at times we fail, at times we succeed. So this is a gamble that you have to take when you are in this field,” he added.
TV’s wide reach is well known and Amitabh Bachchan says that comparatively the turnover of the television industry is way higher than the movies.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“My knowledge on this is limited. But all I know is that the turnover of TV in India is three times more than cinema, so approximately if the turnover of cinema is Rs.10,000 crore…. in TV it’s about Rs.30,000 crore.”
“The reach and the effect of TV in India has just about started. Everyone criticised us for being too excessively populated, but it is that very factor, which is beneficial to us.”
“It’s the people who are running it. You have 300 million people watching it and it’s an enormous figure. This is an incredible amount of channels in one country. It needs to be given more importance and taken more seriously because it is very challenging. The one that has the best content will succeed.”
Co-produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s production company Saraswati Creations and Endemol India, the show is likely to go on air in July.
The show, which will see Big B as the owner of a construction company, also stars Sarika and Kay Kay Menon among others.