Nimrat Kaur has been roped in to play the lead — of a combat role in the Indian Army — in Ekta Kapoor’s new web series. Ekta’s premiere digital app ALT Balaji announced its first original series with the Homeland star in the lead. To be directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and produced by Endemol Shine India, the yet-untitled series, is set against the backdrop of the Indian Army. It has been jointly conceptualised by Ekta and Samar Khan, read a statement.
Nimrat will essay the role of the first woman preparing to be inducted in a combat role in the Indian Army. “When we announced the launch of ALT Balaji, we promised to break stereotypes in storytelling. This series is a strong reinforcement of that commitment. The ALT wave has begun and we’re excited to kick start the announcement with this duo,” Ekta said.
Nimrat, who had an eventful year with “Airlift” and Manoj Night Shyamalan’s TV series “Wayward Pines”, says the depth and dynamism of the character drew her towards the project. “Roles that have an edge and are perceived as unconventional in nature have always drawn me towards them immensely. This digital show, a medium I haven’t explored yet was a great follow up to ‘Homeland’ and ‘Wayward Pines’ which were my earlier attempts at the same,” Nimrat said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The actress added that “the relatability and connection to the story came almost instantly owing to my love and passion for the army”. Nimrat is eagerly awaiting to start a new “journey with this exciting character”.
To be launched in early 2017, ALT Balaji marks Ekta’s foray into the digital domain, with her app, which will showcase exclusive, original, and never-seen-before content.