Actress Pratima Kannan, who is currently seen on TV playing the role of Ravan’s mother Kaikesi in popular mythological show “Siya Ke Ram”, says she never thought of becoming a part of the genre.
“I honestly never saw myself doing mythological shows. But the makers of ‘Siya Ke Ram’ offered me such a strong character which I could definitely not let go of,” Pratima, best known for her roles in shows like “Uttaran”, “Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya” and “Ishq Ka Rang Safed”, said in a statement.
“I have been following the show and really love the way they are showing unseen facets about the ‘Ramayana’. Kaikesi as a character has never been shown on the previous versions of the ‘Ramayana’ and this is also one reason why I really picked up this role. It’s an extremely strong character and challenging at the same time,” she added.
Talking about her look on the show, Pratima said: “The look is mesmerising. It is so graceful and so well crafted. The creatives have given it all the necessary shades and touches to make the look authentic and true to its flavour. I really loved the look.”
Pratima has also appeared in films like “Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II”, “Fiza”, “Pinjar”, “No Entry” and “Badlapur”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Siya Ke Ram”, aired on Star Plus, is a unique presentation of Ramayana from Sita’s perspective.
The show stars Ashish Sharma and Madirakshi as Ram and Sita.
Actor Karthik Jayaram is seen playing the role of Ravan.