When Mahesh Bhatt’s much-anticipated TV directorial debut, Naamkarann, was announced, the audience were assured that the show will be different from the regular soap operas. The show did manage to grab eyeballs with its realistic plot. And then came reports that Naamkarann is going off air, leaving its fans thoroughly shocked. As rumours kept on spreading about the makers planning to pull off the show in November citing low ratings, we got to know through our sources that Naamkarann is not going off air.
Naamkarann was launched on Star Plus on September 12. It was touted to be inspired from Bhatt’s National Award-winning film Zakhm, and starred actors Viraf Patel, Barkha Bisht and Reema Lagoo. It traces the story of a single mother and her relationship with her daughter as she raises her against the societal norms. Namkaran raises questions about a woman’s identity. Avni, a daughter of a Hindu father and a Muslim mother, fights hard against her grandmother, Dayawanti, who refuses to accept her and her mother.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Barkha Bisht, during an exclusive chat with indianexpress.com, had said “I think for the first time on television, the protagonist of a show is doing something completely against the norm of society. I’m with a man whom I’m not married to. So I’m doing everything that a regular television heroine does not do. All the characters are very real. There is no typical negative character on the show like any other show has. There are people who have shades of grey in them but they are all real people.”
There is much more in store for the viewers in the upcoming episodes of Naamkarann, with some major twists and interesting plots. Watch this space for more.