Rohit Shetty’s turn as a host on the small screen in ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 5’ has been given a thumbs up by the audience and the filmmaker has cited his friendly nature as the reason behind his success.
The previous seasons of the stunt-based reality show have been hosted by Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Priyanka Chopra. However, the fifth season of the show has fared better than the last four seasons.
The 41-year-old ‘Golmaal’ director says although he is a tough taskmaster, he has never tried to assert himself on the contestants. “Never once did I declare myself as the boss of the show and made the contestants feel that they have to abide by what I say. I have created a very friendly atmosphere on the sets and that has made the contestants very comfortable,” Rohit told PTI.
“Everyone on the show was new to me except for Mugdha (Godse), Nikitin Dheer and stunt woman Geeta (Tandon) as I have worked with them before. So, it was important to break the ice. I took this friendly approach and that is the key factor responsible for the success of the show this season,” he said.
‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 5’ has been on air on Colors since March 22. The shooting for the show has been done in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Rohit said that every contestant on the show brought a different aspect of their personality on board, hence making ‘Khatron…’ very entertaining to watch. “I don’t have any favourites. Everyone was good in their own way. Like Ranvir (Shorey) is a very good entertainer and his sense of humour was amazing. Then Gurmeet (Choudhry), Rajniesh (Duggal) and Salman (Yusuf Khan) were very strong and good performers,” Rohit said.
When asked if he is keen to cast anyone from the show in any of his upcoming films, the ‘Chennai Express’ helmer said, “Daya (Dayanand Shetty of CID fame) is part of my next film ‘Singham 2’. He will play a cop in the film. And when it comes to others I think it depends on the kind of script. I can’t say that right now.”