Rohit Shetty’s turn as a host on the small screen in ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 5’ has been given a thumbs up by the audience and the filmmaker has cited his friendly nature as the reason behind his success.
The previous seasons of the stunt-based reality show have been hosted by Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Priyanka Chopra. However, the fifth season of the show has fared better than the last four seasons.
The 41-year-old ‘Golmaal’ director says although he is a tough taskmaster, he has never tried to assert himself on the contestants. “Never once did I declare myself as the boss of the show and made the contestants feel that they have to abide by what I say. I have created a very friendly atmosphere on the sets and that has made the contestants very comfortable,” Rohit told PTI.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Everyone on the show was new to me except for Mugdha (Godse), Nikitin Dheer and stunt woman Geeta (Tandon) as I have worked with them before. So, it was important to break the ice. I took this friendly approach and that is the key factor responsible for the success of the show this season,” he said.
‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 5’ has been on air on Colors since March 22. The shooting for the show has been done in Cape Town, South Africa.
Rohit said that every contestant on the show brought a different aspect of their personality on board, hence making ‘Khatron…’ very entertaining to watch. “I don’t have any favourites. Everyone was good in their own way. Like Ranvir (Shorey) is a very good entertainer and his sense of humour was amazing. Then Gurmeet (Choudhry), Rajniesh (Duggal) and Salman (Yusuf Khan) were very strong and good performers,” Rohit said.
When asked if he is keen to cast anyone from the show in any of his upcoming films, the ‘Chennai Express’ helmer said, “Daya (Dayanand Shetty of CID fame) is part of my next film ‘Singham 2’. He will play a cop in the film. And when it comes to others I think it depends on the kind of script. I can’t say that right now.”