Actress Rajshri Rani Pandey, who plays the lead role of Suhani in upcoming show ‘Suhani Si Ek Ladki’, says her character is funny and does not cry unlike other female protagonists on TV.
Pandey, 25, has previously done small roles in shows, ‘Savdhaan India’, ‘Haunted Nights’ and ‘CID’ but her new show on Star Plus will see her in a full-fledged role.
“Suhani is simple, innocent, pure at heart. She finds good in everyone and loves her family but what makes her different from other characters is that she is funny, cracks jokes and does not cry. It’s been two months of shooting and I have not cried yet. I am happy about that,” Pandey told PTI.
The actress said she enjoys playing Suhani as she is shown as megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s fan.
“I myself am a huge Amitabh Bachchan fan so it is fun mouthing his dialogues,” she said, adding that she would love to work with Big B one day.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When asked if like other female lead characters on TV, Suhani will be shown tolerating injustice, Pandey said, “Suhani is soft spoken but gives back to people, if they are mean to her, she sweetly tells them off.”
The show is a story of love and friendship and traces the journey of three characters, Suhani, Soumya and Yuvraj, and their different ideologies.
“It is a fresh love story and unlike other shows, which start on a fresh note and end up in kitchen-drama, ours will remain a love story throughout. I am hopeful about that,” Pandey said.
The actress said she is friendly with the other two actors and her relationship with Neha Yadav, who plays Suhani’s best friend Soumya in the show is great.
“We share room, have lot of fun. There has not been any problem so far between us. In fact, the whole cast and the director are great,” she said.
The actress hails from the small town of Fatehpur, UP, but does not feel intimidated by the big city of Mumbai.
“I have always liked Mumbai. My brother lives here, with whom I am staying. I always used to come here to meet him, so that way Mumbai is not new to me,” she said.
Her family was initially opposed to her decision of becoming an actor but they support her now.
“They all are happy. I am living a dream, and I enjoy every bit of my work. For my role, I had to learn to drive a scooty. I also injured myself many a times but all was fun,” she said.