Actress Rajshri Rani Pandey, who plays the lead role of Suhani in upcoming show ‘Suhani Si Ek Ladki’, says her character is funny and does not cry unlike other female protagonists on TV.
Pandey, 25, has previously done small roles in shows, ‘Savdhaan India’, ‘Haunted Nights’ and ‘CID’ but her new show on Star Plus will see her in a full-fledged role.
“Suhani is simple, innocent, pure at heart. She finds good in everyone and loves her family but what makes her different from other characters is that she is funny, cracks jokes and does not cry. It’s been two months of shooting and I have not cried yet. I am happy about that,” Pandey told PTI.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The actress said she enjoys playing Suhani as she is shown as megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s fan.
“I myself am a huge Amitabh Bachchan fan so it is fun mouthing his dialogues,” she said, adding that she would love to work with Big B one day.
When asked if like other female lead characters on TV, Suhani will be shown tolerating injustice, Pandey said, “Suhani is soft spoken but gives back to people, if they are mean to her, she sweetly tells them off.”
The show is a story of love and friendship and traces the journey of three characters, Suhani, Soumya and Yuvraj, and their different ideologies.
“It is a fresh love story and unlike other shows, which start on a fresh note and end up in kitchen-drama, ours will remain a love story throughout. I am hopeful about that,” Pandey said.
The actress said she is friendly with the other two actors and her relationship with Neha Yadav, who plays Suhani’s best friend Soumya in the show is great.
“We share room, have lot of fun. There has not been any problem so far between us. In fact, the whole cast and the director are great,” she said.
The actress hails from the small town of Fatehpur, UP, but does not feel intimidated by the big city of Mumbai.
“I have always liked Mumbai. My brother lives here, with whom I am staying. I always used to come here to meet him, so that way Mumbai is not new to me,” she said.
Her family was initially opposed to her decision of becoming an actor but they support her now.
“They all are happy. I am living a dream, and I enjoy every bit of my work. For my role, I had to learn to drive a scooty. I also injured myself many a times but all was fun,” she said.