Mouni Roy’s TV show Naagin may have faced some criticism but the actress says she is not bothered by it. Naagin started in November 2015 and ended in June 2016. Produced by Ekta Kapoor, the show starred Mouni, Arjun Bijlani, Adaa Khan and Sudha Chandran.
It turned out to be one of the highest rated shows on television and won numerous awards. But it also received flak for its content and story of ‘Ichchadari Naagin’ from some section of the audience.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It’s ok. To each it’s own. I did not think of all these (criticism) things when I started shooting ‘Naagin’. For me it’s fantasy fiction I love watching ‘The Twilight’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’. I was happy playing this role of Shivanya as it was a fantastic and different role for me,” Mouni told PTI when asked about the criticism.
Mouni will also be seen in the second season of Naagin and she said post the success of the the first season, she is under pressure as she has to live up to the expectations of the audience.
“There is pressure and responsibility. I feel nervous because of the expectations. I have read the screenplay of few upcoming episodes (of season two). I know it’s a good show. There is potential and I am hopeful audience will like season two as well,” she said.
The actress said that discussions about season two of Naagin started while she was working on season one. “While we were shooting for first season of ‘Naagin’ there were discussions about season two. Show’s producer Ekta
Kapoor asked me about season two and I knew I had to do it as it’s my show. I am thankful to her as she thought of me for the show,” she added.
Mouni said she doesn’t know anything about more seasons of the show yet. “I don’t think we can decide beforehand about it (season three or four). As it all depends on the performance of season two,” she said.
In season two, Mouni will be playing the role of both a mother and a daughter. The show will go on air this Saturday on Colors channel.