Popular television actress Mona Singh prefers to do ‘challenging roles’ as she looks forward to inspire the audience.
The actress played the lead role of a geek ‘Jassi’ in popular TV show ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’. The series was an Indian-themed version of the American drama ‘Ugly Betty’.
Mona was last seen on the small screen in ‘Kya Huaa Tera Vaada’ in which she played the role of a determined mother of three, who walks out of marriage and attains success in professional life.
“I think one should go for challenging roles..do something that is out of your comfort zone. As an actor it is my responsibility to inspire people. ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’ was a difficult role for me,” Mona said.
“Even in my last serial ‘Kya Huaa Tera Vaada’, I inspired housewives on not depending on their husbands and go out and do something to create their own identity,” said the 34-year-old actor.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Mona’s life saw a drastic turn last year, when an MMS featuring her went viral on the internet. But she was happy to see her family and friends standing by her.
“I did not have any difficulties (due to MMS scandal). I realised that the support of your family and friends means a lot. I was happy when it (MMS) was declared fake. I am glad that this thing came out,” she said.
The actor was seen in a key role in Aamir Khan starrer ‘3 Idiots’. Post ‘3 Idiots’, she was offered lot of films but she was looking to do something different.
“Whether the role is small or big doesn’t matter to me much. It should be different and challenging and should excite me. I am happy to do exciting things on TV,” she said.
“It is my 11th year in the industry and I am happy with the way things have shaped up till now,” she said.
Mona will be seen next in director Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film ‘Z-Plus’. The film also stars ‘English Vinglish’ fame actor Adil Hussain, Mukesh Tiwari, Kulbhushan Kharbanda and others.
“I have done a film called ‘Z Plus’, which is a political satire. I am playing the main lead where people will get to see a new side of me. It has been a good experience. Shooting is over and dubbing will start now in sometime,” she said.
She is also set to host the upcoming season of ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’ along with comedian- actor Krushna Abhishek.
“I am going to be myself on the show. As the show is coming after two years, we are charged up. Krushna will bring his comic side to the show, which he is so good at with his comic timing,” she said.
This is not the first time that Mona is hosting a show. She enjoys hosting as much as acting.
“There is a lot of difference when it comes to hosting and acting. While hosting, I am not playing any character, I am myself. It gives me a chance to show the real side of me… Both give me satisfaction,” said Mona.