Popular television actress Mona Singh prefers to do ‘challenging roles’ as she looks forward to inspire the audience.
The actress played the lead role of a geek ‘Jassi’ in popular TV show ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’. The series was an Indian-themed version of the American drama ‘Ugly Betty’.
Mona was last seen on the small screen in ‘Kya Huaa Tera Vaada’ in which she played the role of a determined mother of three, who walks out of marriage and attains success in professional life.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I think one should go for challenging roles..do something that is out of your comfort zone. As an actor it is my responsibility to inspire people. ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’ was a difficult role for me,” Mona said.
“Even in my last serial ‘Kya Huaa Tera Vaada’, I inspired housewives on not depending on their husbands and go out and do something to create their own identity,” said the 34-year-old actor.
Mona’s life saw a drastic turn last year, when an MMS featuring her went viral on the internet. But she was happy to see her family and friends standing by her.
“I did not have any difficulties (due to MMS scandal). I realised that the support of your family and friends means a lot. I was happy when it (MMS) was declared fake. I am glad that this thing came out,” she said.
The actor was seen in a key role in Aamir Khan starrer ‘3 Idiots’. Post ‘3 Idiots’, she was offered lot of films but she was looking to do something different.
“Whether the role is small or big doesn’t matter to me much. It should be different and challenging and should excite me. I am happy to do exciting things on TV,” she said.
“It is my 11th year in the industry and I am happy with the way things have shaped up till now,” she said.
Mona will be seen next in director Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film ‘Z-Plus’. The film also stars ‘English Vinglish’ fame actor Adil Hussain, Mukesh Tiwari, Kulbhushan Kharbanda and others.
“I have done a film called ‘Z Plus’, which is a political satire. I am playing the main lead where people will get to see a new side of me. It has been a good experience. Shooting is over and dubbing will start now in sometime,” she said.
She is also set to host the upcoming season of ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’ along with comedian- actor Krushna Abhishek.
“I am going to be myself on the show. As the show is coming after two years, we are charged up. Krushna will bring his comic side to the show, which he is so good at with his comic timing,” she said.
This is not the first time that Mona is hosting a show. She enjoys hosting as much as acting.
“There is a lot of difference when it comes to hosting and acting. While hosting, I am not playing any character, I am myself. It gives me a chance to show the real side of me… Both give me satisfaction,” said Mona.