Popular TV actress Mona Vasu, who returns to the small screen with megastar Amitabh Bachchan starrer show ‘Yudh’, is amazed by the energy and workaholic nature of the actor at this age.
Mona said she accepted ‘Yudh’ for three reasons- opportunity to work with Amitabh Bachchan, creative director Anurag Kashyap and her character.
The show traces the journey of a real estate baron Yudhishthir Sikarwar, his struggle with his collapsing health, his battle with business rivals and his complicated family equations.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“My first scene was with him (Bachchan). It was an office scene. We did it for two three times and then got it (right). It was an amazing experience working with him. Even at this age (71) he is energetic. He is so workaholic.
“He works from morning till 2 am, which was truly inspiring… A superstar like him doesn’t need to do this,” Mona told PTI.
“On the sets, he was like any other normal actor. He would rehearse with us. He is very down-to-earth and has a great sense of humour. I hope we have a second season of the show and I get to work with him again,” she said.
Mona plays the head of media relations of the construction company owned and run by Bachchan on the show.
“It is a very interesting character of a bi-curio. She is kind of exploring her sexuality. It is something that I have not done before. Then how her personal life gets muddled with professional and how she sails through the situation,” Mona said.
“I like to take up challenging roles and I was not uncomfortable with it. It is not that in the show we are highlighting (the lesbian part). In real life there are people who are supporting this. Hope it is well accepted,” she said. It will be first time that the Indian audience will be exposed to this aspect of lesbianism in a Hindi TV serial.
Mona says she is getting “good response” from her family and friends for the show, which airs on Sony.