Veteran actor Manoj Joshi has plans for a grand celebration for the completion of 25 years of his popular play “Chanakya”.
“I’ve been doing the ‘Chanakya’ play for the past 25 years, and on January 17 next year, is its 951st show. I’m going to hold a grand celebration for the show on the completion of its 25 years… a silver jubilee,” Joshi said at an awards event at Bhaidas Hall here.
He intends to celebrate the silver jubilee at the same venue.
“Half of my life has been spent on this play. In between, I did about 100 films and numerous serials, but this play has been working because Chanakya (the character) is immortal and eternal,” the actor added.
The character of the popular teacher and philosopher has become synonymous with Joshi. He has also featured in a serial in the 1990s which was also titled “Chanakya”. He also portrayed the same character in the TV show “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016