Veteran actor Manoj Joshi has plans for a grand celebration for the completion of 25 years of his popular play “Chanakya”.
“I’ve been doing the ‘Chanakya’ play for the past 25 years, and on January 17 next year, is its 951st show. I’m going to hold a grand celebration for the show on the completion of its 25 years… a silver jubilee,” Joshi said at an awards event at Bhaidas Hall here.
He intends to celebrate the silver jubilee at the same venue.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Half of my life has been spent on this play. In between, I did about 100 films and numerous serials, but this play has been working because Chanakya (the character) is immortal and eternal,” the actor added.
The character of the popular teacher and philosopher has become synonymous with Joshi. He has also featured in a serial in the 1990s which was also titled “Chanakya”. He also portrayed the same character in the TV show “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat”.