Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit Nene, who has been a judge on the celebrity dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” for three years, is not returning for its eighth season.
The 48-year-old actress said she is opting out of the judging panel of the Colors reality show to concentrate on another project on the channel.
“I have been on Jhalak for three years now and I am taking a break to focus on other projects. I will be back shortly with probably something even more exciting. I wish Jhalak the very best for a spectacular season,” Madhuri said in a statement.
- I miss Shahid Kapoor on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa: Ganesh Hegde
- Happy to continue with Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa but miss Madhuri Dixit: Karan Johar
- Confirmed: Shahid Kapoor, Ganesh Hegde, Karan Johar to judge eighth season of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’
- Madhuri Dixit promises something ‘more exciting’ than ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’
- Madhuri Dixit remembers long-distance relationship days on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’
- Madhuri Dixit: My kids are untouched by my fame
Colors’ CEO Raj Nayak said the show will miss her presence but assured fans that she will continue to be a part of the channel.
“Madhuri has been the face of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for years now and we will surely miss her presence and her expertise on the show and we are keen on continuing our relationship with her and our team is exploring a show that will suit her persona,” he said.
“Haider” star Shahid Kapoor’s name has cropped as the possible replacement to Madhuri on the show, where celebrity contestants fight it out on the dance floor with their choreographer partners.