Choreographer-filmmaker Farah Khan, who has hosted television shows like “Bigg Boss Halla Bol” and “Farah Ki Daawat”, says when it comes to the small screen, she prefers to face the camera rather than go behind it.
Asked if she would like to direct a fiction show for TV, Farah told IANS: “No, not really. I like to be on TV, but I like to be in front.”
- Farah Khan: Unfair to compare Sridevi and Jahnvi
- Farah Khan-Shirish Kunder’s cute banter on Twitter is ‘Awww-dorable’
- Anil Kapoor, Karan Johar, Abhishek Bachchan and others attend Farah Khan’s birthday dinner. See photos
- Farah Khan and the era when hook steps for Bollywood dance numbers were mandatory
- Farah Khan and Boman Irani’s hilarious birthday wish ‘tweet talk’ has everyone in splits
- Bollywood sans song and dance will become like Hollywood: Farah Khan
Farah, who has helmed blockbuster hits like “Main Hoon Na”, “Om Shanti Om” and “Happy New Year” starring her friend and superstar Shah Rukh Khan, says she is happy only directing for the silver screen as direction on the small screen “takes away the entire life”.
“I’m happy directing films. On television, the direction takes your entire life away. At least in films you will go, you shoot for four to five months and then you can take a break. But I know how TV works…the directors are mindblowing, they work non-stop,” said Farah, who has even faced the camera in a film titled “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”.