Reality TV personality Kim Kardashian West has returned to the United States after being robbed by masked man at gunpoint in Paris. The 35-year-old model’s husband Kanye West and mother Kris Jenner came to receive her in New York following the robbery, confirmed People magazine.
The couple returned to their Manhattan apartment flanked by a swarm of security. “The scene was out of control. There were police
barricades, a couple of police cars, secret service and 15 big, black Cadillac Escalades.
“Wests rushed in. (Kim) seemed very subdued. They’ve been staying here for a long time and she’s seemed more animated and taken selfies with fans, but today was straight in. Kanye West looked very concerned. Kris Jenner was also in the motorcade in support of her daughter,” a source said.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Kardashian was robbed of approximately USD 6.7 millions at gunpoint at a luxury residence here by five masked men dressed as police officers. As per the police, there were at least two gunmen. They tied Kardashian up in the bathroom. The robbery took place at about 03:00 local time (01:00 GMT) on Monday, reported BBC quoting local police.
Her rapper husband abruptly left the stage at Meadows Music & Arts Festival in Queens mid-song on Sunday night, telling fans, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Family emergency, I have to stop the show.”
Kardashian was in Paris to attend the fashion week.
Something unusual happened after Kim Kardashian West’s terrifying encounter with armed robbers in Paris: She went social media silent.
At least for a time. So did her sisters, her mom and other insiders who routinely share, share and share their lives away _ about themselves and each other. It’s one of their mightiest celebrity strengths, and they’re richly rewarded with millions of followers and thousands of commenters.
Surely, Kardashian West will eventually reassure her fans on Twitter and Instagram, Snapchat and her phone app, but hours after robbers burst into the posh flat where she was headquartered during Paris Fashion Week, there was a jarring silence in the shocking aftermath.
She left Paris Monday morning, landing in New York with husband Kanye West by her side a few hours after she was bound and locked in a bathroom. The thieves made off with more than $10 million in jewelry, authorities said.
First word in the states came from Kanye, who abruptly announced at a concert he had to leave because of a family emergency. Kardashian West was alone at the time the intruders burst in, save a stylist sleeping on a floor below who alerted police, according to the prosecutor’s office in Paris.
On Instagram, where Kardashian West has more than 84 million followers, she was frozen in the day before, having spent fashion week happily sharing snippets of video and photos of her fittings, her dinner outfits, her food and her bling, including a massive diamond ring.
The same silence went for Twitter, where she has more than 43 million followers. Her last tweet was a short video promising a “special surprise” for fans if they headed to a Los Angeles boutique to meet her Kim Kardashian game character, one of her phone apps.
Can she, will she, rethink her social media ways? Unlikely.