American TV reality star Kim Kardashian has lodged a formal complaint in France after she was filmed at her luxury Paris apartment following a robbery by gunmen, her lawyers said today.
Kardashian is also filing a civil party petition as the victim of “a serious assault and a jewellery theft” on October 3 after French prosecutors formally opened an investigation. The statement from her lawyers said the video was made
“without her consent or the police’s and while the police were investigating the crime scene”.
The video, carried on several entertainment news websites, shows 35-year-old Kardashian fiddling with her mobile phone while police are in the apartment.
No suspect has been arrested, but investigators are examining DNA traces found in the apartment where five gunmen robbed Kardashian of jewellery worth some USD 10 million, sources close to the probe have said.
Kardashian, who is married to rap superstar Kanye West, filed a lawsuit Tuesday against US website Mediatakeout.com for alleging in a series of articles that she faked the robbery to cheat her insurers out of millions.
A French source close to the probe told AFP, “There is nothing at this stage of the investigation to give any credence to the theory that this was somehow faked.”
Meanwhile, Rapper Kanye West has reportedly put in 6 million pounds into boosting security in the hours after wife Kim Kardashian was bound and gagged at gunpoint by raiders.
The rapper will even have lookalikes of Kim on permanent duty to act as decoys and help keep her movements secret. And he has enlisted an online security team that previously advised the White House in order to combat accidental leaks while using social media, reported Daily Mirror.