Actress Kerry Washington has teamed up with costume designer Lyn Paolo and The Limited to launch a new clothing line inspired by the Shonda Rhimes series ‘Scandal’.
The fans of the ABC series will be able to purchase the fashion of Olivia Pope (played by Washington) in this fall, reported Ace Showbiz. “People who love the look of the show can now step into this world in a way that is affordable and accessible because not everybody can afford to have the clothes they see on the show,” she said.
The collection will feature Olivia’s signature outfits, including wide-leg trousers, chic blouses and signature outerwear.
Washington, 38, said she was involved with Lyn and The Limited’s head of design Elliot Staples right from the scratch. “It’s been really fun to have a voice at every stage of the production from picking buttons, choosing fabrics and weighing in on hair and makeup people,” she added.
The actress, who gave birth to her first daughter Isabella in April, said that the collection would be original and not inspired by any other designer. “We weren’t inspired by any designers in particular because they are all original pieces that are authentic to the character and the world of the show,” she added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016