‘Grey’s Anatomy’ creator Shonda Rhimes has said that one should never expect to see Katherine Heigl make a comeback on the show.
Heigl quit the medical drama in the spring of 2010, following more than a year of press reports of disharmony on the “Grey’s Anatomy” set.
Heigl has since publicly apologised to Rhimes for such a contentious exit, and said that she wishes her former boss “nothing but greatness”, reported Inquisitr.
But those suspecting that a public apology could lead to a return from Heigl’s popular character Dr Izzie Stevens to Seattle Grace Hospital shouldn’t get their hopes up.
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo, TV's highest paid actress, reveals how she got what she deserves
- Shonda Rhimes would consider marriage at 75
- I feel sad for Patrick Dempsey: Katherine Heigl
- I don't think I am rude: Katherine Heigl
- Sandra Oh to exit Grey's Anatomy after season 10
- Katherine Heigl to adopt a Korean Girl
When asked if a reunion was possible, Rhimes said, “No. I’m done with that story.
“I’ve turned that idea over in my mind a thousand times and thought about how it would go. And I don’t think so.”
“Grey’s Anatomy” returns for its 12th season on September 24 on ABC in the US.
Earlier in the year, Rhimes insisted that there is no end in sight for the medical drama series.