Koffee With Karan always makes news. It can be anything about the show under the sun, maybe about the list of celebrity guests who are invited, or maybe about the controversial statements they make. But its upcoming season has been a tad different. First, it was embroiled in the confusion whether or not Pakistani actor Fawad Khan is set to be the first guest on the show, or will Karan stick to his favourite name, Shah Rukh Khan. Reportedly, Fawad’s name was dropped and SRK was picked with his Dear Zindagi co-star Alia Bhatt to open the new season. But all eyes and ears were waiting for the official announcement about its launch date. Finally, it’s out! Koffee With Karan 5 will begin brewing on November 6.
Its maker and host Karan Johar has been under the spotlight for some time now. Earlier it was when the trailer of his directorial film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil released, and the entire industry and audience began thanking KJo for giving us such a stellar star cast of Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Anushka Sharma. Then he found himself under fire during the Ajay Devgn-KRK spat. If that wasn’t enough, he was at the receiving end when MNS targetted him for casting Fawad Khan in ADHM, even if it was just for a cameo. While all this unravelled, his stint as the judge on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa kept his buzz on the small screen alive. Now he is set to carry forward that fun to a different channel for his signature show — Koffee With Karan.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Koffee With Karan has over the years become one of the most sought after celebrity talk show. In its past four seasons, stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Parineeti Chopra, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Preity Zinta, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Farah Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and have sat on the famous couch, and sipped coffee while getting candid about their life. Every episode has two celebs appearing together, most of the times.
While the list of guests this season is still a surprise, Karan said “No. I haven’t yet reached the combination. There has been a lot of conjecture about that. We are zeroing on episode one and will answer soon.” The only news that has come out so far is Katrina Kaif is possibly returning as a guest on the show. She had earlier come during its second season. We are desperately awaiting more updates. Who will win the famous ‘coffee hampers’ this time? Watch this space for more.