With two episodes of his stand-up comedy show per week and an impending feature-film debut looming over his head, India’s No.1 comic entertainer Kapil Sharma is currently going through the most hectic time of his life.
The irregular hours and the erratic schedules have taken their toll on his health. And now Kapil has a nutritionist accompanying him to all his shootings, as he needs to lose weight for his feature-film debut next month.
“My schedules have gotten so jampacked that I just snatched sleep and food whenever I could. But I’ve decided health comes first. I’ve got a guy to control my food intake. The trouble is, he feeds me boiled vegetables for dinner. But then after that when I’m on my own I end up cheating and snacking on bread and omelette while shooting. So I’m not losing as much weight as I’d like to,” said Kapil Sharma.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Fortunately Kapil Sharma’s back problem has been taken care of. “I’ve been regularly working out and doing back exercises. So the back problem is gone. But nowadays I’ve shoulder pain.”
Kapil Sharma is fighting a desperate battle with his schedules. “I need to create a bank of episodes of my show before I start shooting for my film from May 15. I can’t run back-and-forth from the film set to the shooting of the show. They’re two completely different disciplines. And I can’t allow them to clash. Stand-up comedy comes as naturally to me as breathing. But film acting is an entirely new experience for me. I’ve to give it my hundred percent.”
According to reports, the channel has refused to cut down the frequency of Comedy Nights With Kapil by half. “The channel says the TRPs will suffer if we cut down the episodes. Luckily for me I got an unexpected reprieve when the first schedule of my film ‘Bank Chor’ was shifted from April to May. I am racing against time to create a bank of episodes, so I can complete one schedule of Bank Chor without any interruption.”
Kapil Sharma says he has no time for himself. “My mother calls to complain I don’t call her. How do I explain to her that I don’t know whether I am coming or going?”