With two episodes of his stand-up comedy show per week and an impending feature-film debut looming over his head, India’s No.1 comic entertainer Kapil Sharma is currently going through the most hectic time of his life.
The irregular hours and the erratic schedules have taken their toll on his health. And now Kapil has a nutritionist accompanying him to all his shootings, as he needs to lose weight for his feature-film debut next month.
“My schedules have gotten so jampacked that I just snatched sleep and food whenever I could. But I’ve decided health comes first. I’ve got a guy to control my food intake. The trouble is, he feeds me boiled vegetables for dinner. But then after that when I’m on my own I end up cheating and snacking on bread and omelette while shooting. So I’m not losing as much weight as I’d like to,” said Kapil Sharma.
Fortunately Kapil Sharma’s back problem has been taken care of. “I’ve been regularly working out and doing back exercises. So the back problem is gone. But nowadays I’ve shoulder pain.”
Kapil Sharma is fighting a desperate battle with his schedules. “I need to create a bank of episodes of my show before I start shooting for my film from May 15. I can’t run back-and-forth from the film set to the shooting of the show. They’re two completely different disciplines. And I can’t allow them to clash. Stand-up comedy comes as naturally to me as breathing. But film acting is an entirely new experience for me. I’ve to give it my hundred percent.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
According to reports, the channel has refused to cut down the frequency of Comedy Nights With Kapil by half. “The channel says the TRPs will suffer if we cut down the episodes. Luckily for me I got an unexpected reprieve when the first schedule of my film ‘Bank Chor’ was shifted from April to May. I am racing against time to create a bank of episodes, so I can complete one schedule of Bank Chor without any interruption.”
Kapil Sharma says he has no time for himself. “My mother calls to complain I don’t call her. How do I explain to her that I don’t know whether I am coming or going?”