Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who recently dropped out of Yash Raj Films’ ‘Bank Chor’, is planning to make his popular TV show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil‘ a weekly in order to concentrate on his movie outings.
The bi-weekly show, features Bollywood celebrities promoting their films besides the funny antics of other members on the show. “I had many film offers and I could not do them because I felt that this show is my priority. It has made me a household name in such a short span of time. But being an artiste I get maximum satisfaction when I do diverse work.
“If I keep the show bi-weekly, I will not be able to do films. I will try to do the show once-a-week so that I can manage my dates with film shoots,” Kapil Sharma told reporters.
Recently the show completed its 100th episode and Kapil said he never expected that the show will run for such a long time. “It is a surreal feeling for me. My contract was for 24 episodes initially. When I was shooting these episodes then the channel people asked me to increase eight episodes more. When I got good rating in the first episode then they asked me to make it 50. After three back-to-back high ratings they asked me to make 100 episodes. Now they say make as much as you can,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“When Sunil was not part of the show people used to ask me why he isn’t there and now again people ask why he is back. Sunil is my favourite and it is good that he came back to the show. It will be fun now. All my characters on the show are brilliant be it dadi, palak or my biwi,” he said.
Kapil, 33, was here to be a guest at the grand premiere of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 8’. Hosted by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, this was the first time that the quiz show has travelled to Surat, Gujarat.
“It is the third time that I got a chance to work with Mr Bachchan… but everytime it feels like the first time. He has his own aura. I feel blessed to share the stage with him. I was hesitant initially but he gives complete space to the other person,” he added.