Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who recently dropped out of Yash Raj Films’ ‘Bank Chor’, is planning to make his popular TV show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil‘ a weekly in order to concentrate on his movie outings.
The bi-weekly show, features Bollywood celebrities promoting their films besides the funny antics of other members on the show. “I had many film offers and I could not do them because I felt that this show is my priority. It has made me a household name in such a short span of time. But being an artiste I get maximum satisfaction when I do diverse work.
“If I keep the show bi-weekly, I will not be able to do films. I will try to do the show once-a-week so that I can manage my dates with film shoots,” Kapil Sharma told reporters.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Recently the show completed its 100th episode and Kapil said he never expected that the show will run for such a long time. “It is a surreal feeling for me. My contract was for 24 episodes initially. When I was shooting these episodes then the channel people asked me to increase eight episodes more. When I got good rating in the first episode then they asked me to make it 50. After three back-to-back high ratings they asked me to make 100 episodes. Now they say make as much as you can,” he said.
“When Sunil was not part of the show people used to ask me why he isn’t there and now again people ask why he is back. Sunil is my favourite and it is good that he came back to the show. It will be fun now. All my characters on the show are brilliant be it dadi, palak or my biwi,” he said.
Kapil, 33, was here to be a guest at the grand premiere of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 8’. Hosted by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, this was the first time that the quiz show has travelled to Surat, Gujarat.
“It is the third time that I got a chance to work with Mr Bachchan… but everytime it feels like the first time. He has his own aura. I feel blessed to share the stage with him. I was hesitant initially but he gives complete space to the other person,” he added.