Kapil Sharma is a man caught in a conflict. On the one hand, he is gearing up for his big screen debut in Yash Raj Films’ ‘Bank Chor’ and on the other, his plans to reduce his workload by half on television have reportedly fallen through.
According to a source, channel Colors, which is behind Kapil’s hugely successful “Comedy Nights With Kapil” has refused to turn the show into a once-a-week affair.
The source said: “It was Kapil’s plan to do the show once a week instead of twice during the shooting schedule of ‘Bank Chor’. But considering Kapil’s and the show’s popularity, the channel has decided not to reduce the show’s weekly frequency.”
The channel’s decision has put Kapil in a quandary. How does he take time off to shoot for the film?
“Initially, I had planned to do the show once a week during the shooting of my film. But the channel has rejected the idea. They are not ready to listen to my rona-dhona (emotional drama).”
The idea of shooting surplus episodes has also fallen through. “I can’t create a bank of episodes for two months when I shoot my film because all the stars who come on my show do so when they are promoting their films. I can’t tell them, ‘Aap pehle aa jao kyonki meri film shooting hai (Come earlier because I am busy shooting my film).’
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Kapil Sharma says he is looking for a way out. “Luckily for me, my film’s shooting is delayed by a few months because the rest of the casting is not complete. But sooner or later, I’ll have to face this problem. Maybe get a clone created and call the show ‘Hum Aapke Hain…Clone’,” he quipped.